Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Generation Z: most conservative generation since 1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids these days! High energy!!!
    Last edited by demi-conservative; 07-23-2017, 06:44 AM.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Zombies?
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Zombies?
        Please don't confuse generation of grandchildren of yours with your own decrepit self!!!, that repeats Fake News mindlessly (or brainlessly) while try to attack people with brains!!

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          Please don't confuse generation of grandchildren of yours with your own decrepit self!!!, that repeats Fake News mindlessly (or brainlessly) while try to attack people with brains!!
          I am not trying to justify any generation. Unfortunately human selfish interests rule in pragmatism, and the desire of righteous egoism and the over whelming emotional desire for a sense of belonging, and the comfort of well being, which traditional dependency offers.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I'm 18, and it seems to me that there is a wide diversity in political views of people my age. But they seem to be more liberal or libertarian than conservative on the whole. Of the few dozen people my age whose political views I know or can guess, maybe five are Trump supporters. Another handful are conservative but not pro-Trump. The other 75% aren't traditionally conservative. Some of the people I know are in Chapel Hill, NC, which definitely leans liberal, but others are in Norman, OK, which is more moderate. But I'm on the Millenial/Generation Z border, depending on the cutoff you use. Obviously that's not a representative sample, but I figure I have a bit of insider info, being a young person myself.
            Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Groypers rising.

Comment

In Denmark there's been a very mild trend towards more fiscally conservative parties over the past two decades.

Red here represents leftists, blue represents right-wing parties.

Though the kind of ethno-nationalists that demi seems to be cheering for don't have much power, which here would be Danish People's Party, lost hugely in the last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  In Denmark there's been a very mild trend towards more fiscally conservative parties over the past two decades.

Though the kind of ethno-nationalists that demi seems to be cheering for don't have much power, which here would be Danish People's Party, lost hugely in the last couple of years.

What is the point of this post?

Is Denmark an exception? You know the answer, which is yes, as explicitly nationalist parties are gaining across most of Europe.

Why is Denmark an exception? Again, you know the answer, the mainstream parties have made the smart decision of supporting nationalist policies, resulting in no need for explicitly nationalist outsider parties.

In summary, explicitly nationalist parties haven't gained in Denmark because the country as a whole has become more nationalist anyway.

Comment

I'm confused after that one time you said what is left and right in Denmark is opposite the left and right here. Do those colors match what we consider left wing, or what you do?

Comment

I'm confused why he posted about Denmark here. It's completely off-topic, start your own thread about how 'my country is so very special', thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                        I'm confused after that one time you said what is left and right in Denmark is opposite the left and right here. Do those colors match what we consider left wing, or what you do?
                        Red color is left-wing.

Blue color is right-wing.

And yeah the biggest right-wing party in Denmark is called "Venstre" (which translates to "Left").

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                          I'm confused why he posted about Denmark here.
                          Because you talked about how you saw the current generation as being more conservative, and I decided to look into the archives for Denmark, and found that indeed over the long term there's been a general shift towards right-wing parties in my country.

I also noticed you seemed focus on ethno-nationalism, so I checked how Danish People's Party were doing in Denmark, and they'd lost a lot of mandates.

Comment

Red color is left-wing.

Blue color is right-wing.

And yeah the biggest right-wing party in Denmark is called "Venstre" (which translates to "Left").
                            So Denmark gets the names and colors backwards. You sure you're talking about Denmark, and not Australia? Nah, they are just upside down. No wait, I just figured it out! You are in a Denmark from another dimension.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              So Denmark gets the names and colors backwards. You sure you're talking about Denmark, and not Australia? Nah, they are just upside down. No wait, I just figured it out! You are in a Denmark from another dimension.
                              We're not upside down, we're more like to the side.

Comment

We're not upside down, we're more like to the side.
                                This conversation is making me think of a time when my mom said "my right, or your right", the problem was we were facing the same direction.

Comment