Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump goes after Illegals that Obama reprieved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    sure he was illegal, but then the law LET him stay and make a life for himself, only to change it's mind and later say "sorry no, you gotta leave"

That isn't fair or funny.
    It wasn't fair for him to cross the border illegally in the first place, so I disagree. Any leniency he gets is more than fair. Just because liberals want to do away with national sovereignity doesn't mean their policies should be set in stone. This is why conservatism is being abandoned for more hard right stances, you guys are too easily manipulated. Feel free to feel bad for the guy, but the blame for the situation lies on himself and those trying to enable his behavior.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

sure he was illegal, but then the law LET him stay and make a life for himself, only to change it's mind and later say "sorry no, you gotta leave"

No one said that was funny.

But it isn't fair or funny to let a man live here for years, and actually have a child who is now a US citizen, and then kick him out. That is cruel, not funny.
      I agree that is not funny, but also I think there is reasonable justice. Lawlessness should be punished!!!, and deporting is rather light punishment for such heavy crime.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        If you want to call her an idiot, maybe you should consider using proper grammar in the process.
        Duly considered!!
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I am for KEEPING illegals out, but the ones we have already let in and have said, "as long as you obey the law and don't make trouble you can stay" - then we should keep our word. Give them green cards or something. If they break the law (serious laws, not traffic violations) then they should be sent back.

But it isn't fair or funny to let a man live here for years, and actually have a child who is now a US citizen, and then kick him out. That is cruel, not funny.
          The mangy pirate is riiii... He's rrrri... He's corrrrrr... [*SIGH*] Sparko is not wrong for once

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The mangy pirate is riiii... He's rrrri... He's corrrrrr... [*SIGH*] Sparko is not wrong for once
            I am always unwrong.

Comment

I am for KEEPING illegals out, but the ones we have already let in and have said, "as long as you obey the law and don't make trouble you can stay" - then we should keep our word. Give them green cards or something. If they break the law (serious laws, not traffic violations) then they should be sent back.

The unfair happened when Obama allowed this to happen in the first place.
              - What about the people who aren't able to use legal immigration channels because of all the illegal activity?
              - What about the people who couldn't get a job because an illegal took it?
              - What about the people who got across and weren't nice, employed people but criminals?

Damn right none of this was fair - to lots of law abiding people - but then again that is why Obama allowed it to happen. He knows that as soon as you put one crying child on the news that suddenly those who've been waiting 10 years using legal channels, those who couldn't get a job, those who've been raped or murdered - none of those people will matter because of one crying child on the news.

Do we do this with anything else?

Yes, I know Tom robbed the liquor store but he gave 10% to charity and he employed several people by building a house, and he's a deacon at the local Methodist Church so it seems rather cruel to go after him on this robbery charge because nobody got hurt. Oh look, Tom is on the news crying. I guess we have to let him go.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                The unfair happened when Obama allowed this to happen in the first place.
                - What about the people who aren't able to use legal immigration channels because of all the illegal activity?
                - What about the people who couldn't get a job because an illegal took it?
                - What about the people who got across and weren't nice, employed people but criminals?

Damn right none of this was fair - to lots of law abiding people - but then again that is why Obama allowed it to happen. He knows that as soon as you put one crying child on the news that suddenly those who've been waiting 10 years using legal channels, those who couldn't get a job, those who've been raped or murdered - none of those people will matter because of one crying child on the news.

Do we do this with anything else?

Yes, I know Tom robbed the liquor store but he gave 10% to charity and he employed several people by building a house, and he's a deacon at the local Methodist Church so it seems rather cruel to go after him on this robbery charge because nobody got hurt. Oh look, Tom is on the news crying. I guess we have to let him go.
                It is more like they gave Tom probation as long as he didn't break any more laws, then later just changed their mind and tossed him in prison again for nothing he did, taking him away from his crying kid.

Comment

It is more like they gave Tom probation as long as he didn't break any more laws, then later just changed their mind and tossed him in prison again for nothing he did, taking him away from his crying kid.
                  Obama refused to enforce the law of the land.

If we actually followed the law we could work through the immigration problem and introduce stability to the entire process. This is how people in the situation of this poor immigrant don't get hurt - when the law is consistently followed, and when necessary, modified through proper channels. However, when Presidents with a god complex circumvent the rule of law and refuse to do their jobs (from either party) then that turns to application of the law into a PR nightmare and people get hurt. There is nobody to blame for this but Obama.

Had Obama declared "Heroin is legal" and refused to enforce the law would we be upset when the crack down eventually came back around?
                  Probably not, instead people would be asking why Obama feels as if he can change the law and allow people to get hurt.
                  Obama doesn't care if this guy gets hurt as long as he throws a Democrat vote into the ballot box before being shipped off.

I know a lady who has been trying to get into the USA for 10 years.
                  She has family that lives and works here.
                  She's from Eastern Europe - still waiting.
                  If I get a picture of her crying can I win the debate?
                  Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Obama refused to enforce the law of the land.

If we actually followed the law we could work through the immigration problem and introduce stability to the entire process. This is how people in the situation of this poor immigrant don't get hurt - when the law is consistently followed, and when necessary, modified through proper channels. However, when Presidents with a god complex circumvent the rule of law and refuse to do their jobs (from either party) then that turns to application of the law into a PR nightmare and people get hurt. There is nobody to blame for this but Obama.

Had Obama declared "Heroin is legal" and refused to enforce the law would we be upset when the crack down eventually came back around?
                    Probably not, instead people would be asking why Obama feels as if he can change the law and allow people to get hurt.
                    Obama doesn't care if this guy gets hurt as long as he throws a Democrat vote into the ballot box before being shipped off.

I know a lady who has been trying to get into the USA for 10 years.
                    She has family that lives and works here.
                    She's from Eastern Europe - still waiting.
                    If I get a picture of her crying can I win the debate?
                    sure.

Comment

sure.
                      For the record, I'm not comfortable with people's lives being ruined in this way.
                      Given the way our government behaves I'm in favor of this dude staying... provided the appropriate officials are punished.

Maybe the jerks in Washington need to suffer instead of these little guys?

Comment

For the record, I'm not comfortable with people's lives being ruined in this way.
                        Given the way our government behaves I'm in favor of this dude staying... provided the appropriate officials are punished.

Maybe the jerks in Washington need to suffer instead of these little guys?
                        That's actually a good idea. We deport one washington liberal for every illegal we let stay. The swamp would be drained pretty quickly. Either that or they would build that wall in a week.

Comment

That's actually a good idea. We deport one washington liberal for every illegal we let stay. The swamp would be drained pretty quickly. Either that or they would build that wall in a week.
                          We need a way to punish politicians after they leave office.
                          This whole cycle were Nitwit A can force a bad idea on America to get rich and then escape punishment because he's out of office is moronic.

Illegals should be allowed to cane Obama and every single member of Congress for not enforcing the law and leaving people out to hang like this.

For example, if you enact Plan WooHoo and claim it will cost 100 million dollars in the event that it costs 200 million, well, the difference comes out of your family wealth OR you do jail time. Right now the government is the only institution where you can be grossly negligent and get away with it.

Comment

We need a way to punish politicians after they leave office.
                            This whole cycle were Nitwit A can force a bad idea on America to get rich and then escape punishment because he's out of office is moronic.

Illegals should be allowed to cane Obama and every single member of Congress for not enforcing the law and leaving people out to hang like this.

For example, if you enact Plan WooHoo and claim it will cost 100 million dollars in the event that it costs 200 million, well, the difference comes out of your family wealth OR you do jail time. Right now the government is the only institution where you can be grossly negligent and get away with it.
                            When rogue06 and I are elected President in 2020, I am putting you in charge of Immigration and Economics.

Rogue-Sparko-POTUS.jpg

Comment

When rogue06 and I are elected President in 2020, I am putting you in charge of Immigration and Economics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22763[/ATTACH]
                              I'd rather work closely with Darth Executor on the re-education of former corrupt politicians.

Comment

I'd rather work closely with Darth Executor on the re-education of former corrupt politicians.
                                we will put all such "people" in labor camps.

Comment