Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump goes after Illegals that Obama reprieved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    The US government has previously stated that a "genocide" against Christians is occurring in Iraq.
    Which is because of ISIS!!! ISIS slowly losing ground, so what is problem here?
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I'm curious what my fellow Christians who support deportation make of the case of Iraqi Christians in Michigan. The US government has previously stated that a "genocide" against Christians is occurring in Iraq. Nonetheless, a few days ago, ICE rounded up a bunch of them, and they presumably face deportation back to Iraq.

http://www.newsweek.com/iraq-christi...rtation-625722
      ICE claims they have convictions for serious crimes (rape, murder). If that's true, deport them.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        At least he didn't ask for the reasons that I'm so suave, debonair and oh so
        That's easy answered: the list is here-under, in this very post.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I'm curious what my fellow Christians who support deportation make of the case of Iraqi Christians in Michigan. The US government has previously stated that a "genocide" against Christians is occurring in Iraq. Nonetheless, a few days ago, ICE rounded up a bunch of them, and they presumably face deportation back to Iraq.

http://www.newsweek.com/iraq-christi...rtation-625722
          Political asylum is different from illegal immigration.

I don't like that anyone faces deportation - but the reality is, if we act as the safety valve we incentivize bad economic behavior both here in the Americas (hi, Mexico) and abroad.

Here's the sad truth - Mexico HAS the resources, the work ethic and the ability to be a First World power - but it consistently allows its domestic politics to subvert its long term best interest. It sounds easier than it is, of course - but they CAN do this. They simply won't so long as the poor, malcontents and other undesirables (from a Mexican political POV) can just cross the border and become America's problem. Taking pressure off the Mexican government has only allowed it to consistently fail its own people - had the immigration policy been tighter all along, Mexico would be in much better shape - or completely collapsed (never underestimate a government's ability to be stupid) and rebuilt.

The countries where you can reasonably make the economic argument are further south - and their refugees get shot trying to cross into Mexico.

It sounds simpler than it is - and just shutting the border won't effect the needed changes by itself - although it will spur change. But acting as the relief valve only keeps Mexico economically down pressed - it helps a few short term and hurts the whole long term.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment