Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 451 to 458 of 458

Thread: A shared challenge regarding the foundation of ethics

  1. #451
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,259
    Amen (Given)
    991
    Amen (Received)
    3917
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The Israelites were no less greedy and selfish than any of the other tribes, they just happened to win out and credited their booty, and laid their sins, at the feet of their war god YHWY. Had one of the other tribes won out in the end then they would have credited their god as well and you'd probably be worshipping Moluch today.
    Really Jim?
    “The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.” D.H. Lawrence

  2. #452
    Caught in the Matrix
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,744
    Amen (Given)
    1017
    Amen (Received)
    1122
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Really Jim?
    Good chance.

  3. #453
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,259
    Amen (Given)
    991
    Amen (Received)
    3917
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Good chance.
    And here I was wondering how you were since the storms.
    “The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.” D.H. Lawrence

  4. #454
    Caught in the Matrix
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,744
    Amen (Given)
    1017
    Amen (Received)
    1122
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    And here I was wondering how you were since the storms.
    Don't take it personally seer, just stating a fact. People, and this is obvious, tend to adopt the beliefs of their culture. If you were reared in the middle east you'd most likely be worshiping and defending the God Allah.

    Btw, we on the east coast dodged a bullet as the storm decided to bypass the east and unexpectedly took its northward turn up the west coast instead where they took the brunt of it. A lot of downed trees here, and power outages of course, but in general not a lot of problems to complain about. Thanks for the concern though.

  5. #455
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,259
    Amen (Given)
    991
    Amen (Received)
    3917
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Btw, we on the east coast dodged a bullet as the storm decided to bypass the east and unexpectedly took its northward turn up the west coast instead where they took the brunt of it. A lot of downed trees here, and power outages of course, but in general not a lot of problems to complain about. Thanks for the concern though.
    Good to hear... My cousin lives in Key West and we still haven't heard from him.
    “The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.” D.H. Lawrence

  6. #456
    Caught in the Matrix
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,744
    Amen (Given)
    1017
    Amen (Received)
    1122
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Good to hear... My cousin lives in Key West and we still haven't heard from him.
    Whoa, sorry to hear about that, Key West was the first and probably worst affected by the storm. Hope he's okay, did your cousin not evacuate? Most people got the hell out of there once it was understood thats where the eye was heading.

  7. #457
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,259
    Amen (Given)
    991
    Amen (Received)
    3917
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Whoa, sorry to hear about that, Key West was the first and probably worst affected by the storm. Hope he's okay, did your cousin not evacuate? Most people got the hell out of there once it was understood thats where the eye was heading.
    The last I heard he didn't leave and was hold up in some bar, par for the course, I'm sure he is fine.
    “The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.” D.H. Lawrence

  8. #458
    Caught in the Matrix
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,744
    Amen (Given)
    1017
    Amen (Received)
    1122
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    The last I heard he didn't leave and was hold up in some bar, par for the course, I'm sure he is fine.
    I don't recall hearing of any deaths down there so you're probably right. Whether or not to leave was a tough decision for some to make because no one really new where exactly the storm was going to hit land and it seemed to be headed right up the middle of the state at first, so it looked as if there was no where to go. By the time its direction was known it was almost too late for those in its path. Luckily we dodged a bullit on the east but the Keys and the west coast took it on the chin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •