Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

A shared challenge regarding the foundation of ethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    The Israelites were no less greedy and selfish than any of the other tribes, they just happened to win out and credited their booty, and laid their sins, at the feet of their war god YHWY. Had one of the other tribes won out in the end then they would have credited their god as well and you'd probably be worshipping Moluch today.
    Really Jim?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      Really Jim?
      Good chance.

Comment

Good chance.
        And here I was wondering how you were since the storms.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

And here I was wondering how you were since the storms.
          Don't take it personally seer, just stating a fact. People, and this is obvious, tend to adopt the beliefs of their culture. If you were reared in the middle east you'd most likely be worshiping and defending the God Allah.

Btw, we on the east coast dodged a bullet as the storm decided to bypass the east and unexpectedly took its northward turn up the west coast instead where they took the brunt of it. A lot of downed trees here, and power outages of course, but in general not a lot of problems to complain about. Thanks for the concern though.

Comment

Btw, we on the east coast dodged a bullet as the storm decided to bypass the east and unexpectedly took its northward turn up the west coast instead where they took the brunt of it. A lot of downed trees here, and power outages of course, but in general not a lot of problems to complain about. Thanks for the concern though.
            Good to hear... My cousin lives in Key West and we still haven't heard from him.

Comment

Good to hear... My cousin lives in Key West and we still haven't heard from him.
              Whoa, sorry to hear about that, Key West was the first and probably worst affected by the storm. Hope he's okay, did your cousin not evacuate? Most people got the hell out of there once it was understood thats where the eye was heading.

Comment

Whoa, sorry to hear about that, Key West was the first and probably worst affected by the storm. Hope he's okay, did your cousin not evacuate? Most people got the hell out of there once it was understood thats where the eye was heading.
                The last I heard he didn't leave and was hold up in some bar, par for the course, I'm sure he is fine.

Comment

The last I heard he didn't leave and was hold up in some bar, par for the course, I'm sure he is fine.
                  I don't recall hearing of any deaths down there so you're probably right. Whether or not to leave was a tough decision for some to make because no one really new where exactly the storm was going to hit land and it seemed to be headed right up the middle of the state at first, so it looked as if there was no where to go. By the time its direction was known it was almost too late for those in its path. Luckily we dodged a bullit on the east but the Keys and the west coast took it on the chin.

Comment