Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

US Congressman and Others Shot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They just had Senator Rand on a phone interview. ..he says there has to be mental illness involved *sigh*. I can't hear him but he has has to has to be rattled. He was there on the field when it happened and had to take cover.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      They just had Senator Rand on a phone interview. ..he says there has to be mental illness involved *sigh*. I can't hear him but he has has to has to be rattled. He was there on the field when it happened and had to take cover.
      Too often what is simply evil is excused as mental illness.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah I'm getting that the shooter is alive. We'll have to see.
        yep me too. sigh brings me back to 1981 and when president Reagan was shot. one of the anchors I was watching got a bit upset and said come on folks lets get things straight here. I say we wait for the press conference.
        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 06-14-2017, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Alexandria police chief just started the press conference

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Vox.com journalist Malcolm Harris tweeted that shooting Republican Congressmen could be considered an act of self defense

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Vox.com journalist Malcolm Harris tweeted that shooting Republican Congressmen could be considered an act of self defense
              that is the type of rhetoric Rep Davis said must stop

Comment

I agree with Malcolm Harris only I'd be more bi-partisan.

These idiots can send our children to go die in a desert to suit their Cash, Cocaine, and Call Girl agenda only to retire with a huge pension and lifetime free healthcare. Furthermore, the good Congressman is going to get healthcare you and I could never afford - because the hypocrite isn't willing to go on the same plan he's offering to the very paramedics who will save his life, the staff that will empty his bedpan, the people who will drive him home.

I'll never lift a hand against a politician but I can certainly understand why others choose to do that.
                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                  that is the type of rhetoric Rep Davis said must stop
                  Several in the MSM are immediately exploiting this to push gun control. That is par for the course these days

Virginia Governor McAuliffe did the same at the press conference Literally his second sentence there

Comment

They released the shooter's name.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Missed that. It seemed that they wouldn't say anything about him -- even if he was alive.

Comment

white house press conference in 32 minutes
                        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 06-14-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Where - what is it?
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Bernie supporter?

The gunman who opened fire this morning on Republican congressmen and staffers recently declared in a Facebook post that, “It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

The accused shooter, James T. Hodgkinson, 66, posted a link to a Change.org petition in late March that included the notation that, “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”

Hodgkinson’s Facebook page includes numerous photos of Senator Bernie Sanders, whom Hodgkinson appears to have supported during the 2016 Democratic presidential primary. In posts last August, Hodgkinson wrote, “I want Bernie to Win the White House” and “Bernie is a Progressive, while Hillary is Republican Lite.”

Hodgkinson, a Belleville, Illinois resident, has worked as a home inspector.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...shooter-729035
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Where - what is it?
                              I saw it on washington post online first

Comment

Missed that. It seemed that they wouldn't say anything about him -- even if he was alive.
                                He is dead...

Comment