Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Its official, Trump now under investigation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You can take a boy to church, but you can't make him think.

I guess the problem was and is that I cannot stop thinking.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You must be a bigot then.

When Christians say that about anything we are told we are bigots. You have free speech as long as it agrees with what the liberals believe. If not you are a bigot and a racist, a homophobe and inhuman.
      I may have used the last word about the idea of Hell. Apart from that I have not called anyone bigot, racist or homophobe in here.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        I guess the problem was and is that I cannot stop thinking.
        I was actually being tongue in cheek (hence the smilie), playing off the adage, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I was actually being tongue in cheek (hence the smilie), playing off the adage, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."
          I thought of that one myself.

Comment

You must be a bigot then.

When Christians say that about anything we are told we are bigots. You have free speech as long as it agrees with what the liberals believe. If not you are a bigot and a racist, a homophobe and inhuman.
            I don't think we have license to reply in kind, though.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I may have used the last word about the idea of Hell. Apart from that I have not called anyone bigot, racist or homophobe in here.
              I didn't say you did. I was commenting on the liberal culture in America. Like when wedding shop owned by Christians said they don't support Gay marriage because of the bible and were fined and called bigots.

Comment

I didn't say you did. I was commenting on the liberal culture in America. Like when wedding shop owned by Christians said they don't support Gay marriage because of the bible and were fined and called bigots.
                I have no problem with such shops. Though I am not gay I would just not use them. If others want to support them it is up to them.

Comment

I don't think we have license to reply in kind, though.
                  Are you disagreeing with me, bigot?

Comment

I have no problem with such shops. Though I am not gay I would just not use them. If others want to support them it is up to them.
                    good answer.

Comment

Even if he had a "shady deal" with some Russian 10 years ago, how is something he has done 10 years ago "obstruction of justice" in regards to being President? You can't impeach someone for something they did a decade before they were even President.
                      Bear in mind here Sparky, I'm not on a witch hunt, I'm interested in Trump's prior testimony, and why he's retracted it. My current interest is strictly in the truth. Has Trump or has he not been playing into the hands of the Russians during his campaign and while in office? He certainly should at the very least be avoiding ALL appearance of impropriety which he is not and that makes for a concern. My hope is that the truth will come out one way or the other in a decent investigation. Its not just the democrats that are concerned, republicans are concerned too. I have an interest in neither party.
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

That's freedom of private business. If someone wants to set up shop they should have a sign that says "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." I'm not sure its good for business, but at the same time, frivolous lawsuits are the bane of my existence. If you want a cake photographer or minister, find one who will do it.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                          That's freedom of private business. If someone wants to set up shop they should have a sign that says "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." I'm not sure its good for business, but at the same time, frivolous lawsuits are the bane of my existence. If you want a cake photographer or minister, find one who will do it.
                          The problem for the likes of you is, of course, that to refuse survive to anyone of whom you disapprove (blacks, gays, Jews etc) is contrary to the Civil Rights Act, which guarantees all citizens equal protection of the laws under the Fourteenth Amendment.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

You can take a boy to church, but you can't make him think.
                            I would have thought that "thinking" is the last thing you need when indoctrinating a child into the arcane mysteries of religion.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              The problem for the likes of you is, of course, that to refuse survive to anyone of whom you disapprove (blacks, gays, Jews etc) is contrary to the Civil Rights Act, which guarantees all citizens equal protection of the laws under the Fourteenth Amendment.
                              What does protection of the laws under the fourteenth amendment have to do with private businesses? The civil rights act is unconstitutional. You don't have the right to not be discriminated against by non-government actors.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                What does protection of the laws under the fourteenth amendment have to do with private businesses? The civil rights act is unconstitutional. You don't have the right to not be discriminated against by non-government actors.
                                Incorrect! The Supreme Court upheld the Civil Rights Act of 1964 application to the private sector on the grounds that Congress has the power to regulate commerce between the States. The landmark case Heart of Atlanta Motel v. United States established the constitutionality of the law. It seems that the only people who object to it are those who (erroneously) believe that they have a special right to discriminate against those of whom they dislike or disapprove.

Comment