Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Tim Farron and the new facists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Farron and the new facists.

Tim Farron was up until two days ago the leader of the Liberal Democrats here in UK. He was hounded mercilessly during the election on points of his Christian belief (even though he is quite clear they are personal beliefs and he would never impose them on anyone) and it was clear to any reasonable person that he was expected to conform his beliefs to the vanilla version of Christianity authorized by liberals. I saw the treatment he received and was not surprised when he said he had concluded he could either be the liberal democrat leader or a devout Christian but not both. So much for liberalism eh! Under the circumstances you chose well Mr Farron.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-pygmies.html

so basically the liberal dems in the UK just decapitated their own party.

I believe liberalism will eventually destroy itself. It is so narrow-minded and bigoted that it will eventually self-destruct and eat itself. Unless you agree completely with their beliefs you are not tolerated. And since there are various liberal groups with different beliefs, they will eventually destroy each other, just like in this instance.

I just hope they don't burn the whole civilization down to the ground while they destroy themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
      Tim Farron was up until two days ago the leader of the Liberal Democrats here in UK. He was hounded mercilessly during the election on points of his Christian belief (even though he is quite clear they are personal beliefs and he would never impose them on anyone) and it was clear to any reasonable person that he was expected to conform his beliefs to the vanilla version of Christianity authorized by liberals. I saw the treatment he received and was not surprised when he said he had concluded he could either be the liberal democrat leader or a devout Christian but not both. So much for liberalism eh! Under the circumstances you chose well Mr Farron.
      Do Muslim politicians get the same treatment?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        The leader of the Tories- a vickars daughter- wasn't given the same treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I believe liberalism will eventually destroy itself. It is so narrow-minded and bigoted that it will eventually self-destruct and eat itself. Unless you agree completely with their beliefs you are not tolerated. And since there are various liberal groups with different beliefs, they will eventually destroy each other, just like in this instance.
          http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post450821

I just hope they don't burn the whole civilization down to the ground while they destroy themselves.
          I am very much afraid they are in the process of doing just that.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
            The leader of the Tories- a vickars daughter- wasn't given the same treatment.
            I think you'll find she didn't because she has turned liberal on the issue. After all wasn't it a Tory government which flew the rainbow flag from the top of Westminster, announcing that they were the most gay parliament in the world or something like that.
            Last edited by Abigail; 06-16-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Nope I doubt it - not while the left is still dependent on the votes of Muslims.

Comment

It's funny because here in America we have the opposite problem. It is very hard for a nonreligious politician to become elected. Nearly half of Americans wouldn't vote for an atheist president. I figure so long as a politician doesn't try to force their religious beliefs on others, it doesn't much matter what religion they are.
                See here:
                http://www.gallup.com/poll/183713/so...appealing.aspx

People on the right keep saying that, but I disagree. The intolerant SJW strand of liberalism will probably disappear soon, but that's also a relatively new phenomenon. I don't see liberalism disappearing completely and everyone becoming conservative. It's also worth remembering that a liberal in the 19th century could well be considered a conservative today, because these definitions have changed over time.
                Last edited by stfoskey15; 06-16-2017, 12:14 PM. Reason: Want it to read clearly
                Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                  It's funny because here in America we have the opposite problem. It is very hard for a nonreligious politician to become elected. Nearly half of Americans wouldn't vote for an atheist president. I figure so long as a politician doesn't try to force their religious beliefs on others, it doesn't much matter what religion they are.
                  See here:
                  http://www.gallup.com/poll/183713/so...appealing.aspx

People on the right keep saying that, but I disagree. The intolerant SJW strand of liberalism will probably disappear soon, but that's also a relatively new phenomenon. I don't see liberalism disappearing completely and everyone becoming conservative. It's also worth remembering that a liberal in the 19th century could well be considered a conservative today, because these definitions have changed over time.
                  sorry when I say "liberalism" please read "extreme liberalism"

I think the extreme liberalism that we are seeing here will self destruct. The ones who cry at a harsh word and want safe spaces. The ones who protest free speech. The ones who claim white people need to pay reparations. The ones claiming eating tacos is cultural appropriation. The ones shutting down Christian businesses just because they believe the bible and don't want to support gay marriage. The ones shouting down the police and then burning cars and riot in the street. The ones who shoot congressmen at baseball games. The ones who then smear that congressmen in order to not admit that he was the victim. The ones who hold up fake decapitated heads of the president.

Comment

I think you'll find she didn't because she has turned liberal on the issue. After all wasn't it a Tory government which flew the rainbow flag from the top of Westminster, announcing that they were the most gay parliament in the world or something like that.
                    Her voting record doesn't show that- neither did Farrons actually, which is odd, considering he was the leader of the uk 'Liberal' party. Saying that if he'd managed to capitalise better on the Tories hilarious election result he'd probably still be there. The only English party representing the 48% and he didn't manage to do anything with it. He just jumped before he was pushed.

Of course there's nothing to stop a Christian of whichever denomination going into politics. Actually, the Commons contains a highly disproportionate number of believers, compared with the secular nation they represent. We are the only democracy that is part theocracy, where 26 bishops sit as law-makers, with wildly unrepresentative numbers of other faiths in the Lords who all oppose progressive gay rights, abortion and right-to-die issues.

Farrons problem that he was leader of the wrong party.

Comment

Her voting record doesn't show that- neither did Farrons actually, which is odd, considering he was the leader of the uk 'Liberal' party. Saying that if he'd managed to capitalise better on the Tories hilarious election result he'd probably still be there. The only English party representing the 48% and he didn't manage to do anything with it. He just jumped before he was pushed.
                      Those voting records go back years and we have had a cultural revolution here with many in politics towing the socially liberal line precisely because they know their political careers depend on it.Tim Farron is a devout Christian who holds to the Bible but has always maintained his beliefs are his own and that he would never seek to impose them on others and as a liberal fights for others to be able to make their own choices in life. Basically extending to others what the liberal elite about him are not prepared to afford him.

Originally posted by Evouk
                      Of course there's nothing to stop a Christian of whichever denomination going into politics. Actually, the Commons contains a highly disproportionate number of believers, compared with the secular nation they represent. We are the only democracy that is part theocracy, where 26 bishops sit as law-makers, with wildly unrepresentative numbers of other faiths in the Lords who all oppose progressive gay rights, abortion and right-to-die issues.
                      The church of England is fast turning liberal. Last week the church of Scotland voted to conduct SSMs in the church. Look at the recent bullying of Bishop Phillip North because he holds he traditional view on womens' role in church
                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39227033 The liberal lobby within the church is vocal, organised and very nasty and their aim is drive the conservatives out or confine them to the buffers.

Farron's problem that he was leader of the wrong party.
                      Why should his personal beliefs come into it since he is clear they are his and he would never impose them on others.
                      Last edited by Abigail; 06-16-2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Those voting records go back years and we have had a cultural revolution here with many in politics towing the socially liberal line precisely because they know their political careers depend on it.Tim Farron is a devout Christian who holds to the Bible but has always maintained his beliefs are his own and that he would never seek to impose them on others and as a liberal fights for others to be able to make their own choices in life. Basically extending to others what the liberal elite about him are not prepared to afford him.
                        As I said, he voted against or abstained from several measures that his party is meant to be for, and not in the distant past. I'm not surprised that Mayhem has changed her mind over time, it's sort of what she does.

However, that was not really my point - my point was that I think he left due to their result in the election. It was a useful reason to give, and I personally wasn't really interested in if he thought gays were sinful or not, and thought the question was asked way too much when I thought the Tories should have been held more to account or their record on public services or specifics over Brexit. Not that the right-wing print media would do so, however I had higher hopes for the BBC. I thought they learnt their lesson from the ridiculously vapid Brexit campaign, but alas it was not meant to be.

The church of England is fast turning liberal. Last week the church of Scotland voted to conduct SSMs in the church. Look at the recent bullying of Bishop Phillip North because he holds he traditional view on womens' role in church
                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39227033 The liberal lobby within the church is vocal, organised and very nasty and their aim is drive the conservatives out or confine them to the buffers.
                        Sorry, I haven't really been following what is happening in the CoE as I don't find them much of interest or relevance.

Doesn't address my point about the House of Lords though, nor Government in general.

Why should his personal beliefs come into it since he is clear they are his and he would never impose them on others.
                        Already addressed. Plus to re-iterate I thought the questions were over-egged, including by so-called liberal media like the Guardian.

The trouble with liberals, is that they tend to much more readily to split their vote, whereas conservatives don't seem to do so quite so much. Plus conservatives tend to be of the older demographic which also tend to vote in higher numbers. This election, we actually saw a bit of so-called 'tactical voting', hence some of the surprise results in some constituencies. Usually the liberal votes would be split between Greens, Lib Dems & Labour, with the conservatives going to either Tory or UKip, depending on whether they hate poor people or foreign people most.

Comment

As I said, he voted against or abstained from several measures that his party is meant to be for, and not in the distant past. I'm not surprised that Mayhem has changed her mind over time, it's sort of what she does.
                          Yes like he voted against increase university tuition fees when his party were for it. Voted against selling of state owned forests when his party were for it. The Lib Dems have been pilloried for some of their stances and Farron's votes on these issues have probably been more in line with the public

Sorry, I haven't really been following what is happening in the CoE as I don't find them much of interest or relevance.

Doesn't address my point about the House of Lords though, nor Government in general.
                          My point is that this might once have been true but is fast changing and now the only Christianity allowed is the liberal sanctioned kind with traditionalists being sidelined or driven out one by one and replaced with the new order. So while people like you can point to the abundance of Christians in government anyone who is interested in these matters will know there is a difference.

Already addressed. Plus to re-iterate I thought the questions were over-egged, including by so-called liberal media like the Guardian.

The trouble with liberals, is that they tend to much more readily to split their vote, whereas conservatives don't seem to do so quite so much. Plus conservatives tend to be of the older demographic which also tend to vote in higher numbers. This election, we actually saw a bit of so-called 'tactical voting', hence some of the surprise results in some constituencies. Usually the liberal votes would be split between Greens, Lib Dems & Labour, with the conservatives going to either Tory or UKip, depending on whether they hate poor people or foreign people most.
                          Ukip drew a large number of its voters from the Labour party - the working class Brits who were so despised by the policies of the Blair/Brown government. If you think wealth is confined to the Conservatives then think again. Labour and Liberal politicians and elite have made it their business to know about any wealth Conservatives have, but they to tend to hide their own connections to wealth giving the impression they are all working class when they aren't. Liberals in my experience are rich and fast losing touch with ordinary people in their scramble to non-platform views they find disagreeable or give voice to the latest genitalia-linked craze of which abbreviations the rest of us cant keep up with. As for the Green Party - they are just one big wealthy clique of out-of-touch bohemians. Conservatives certainly dont hate the poor - heck a lot are poor. They are the party for work and fair play whilst still helping those in genuine need.

Comment

From what I hear there are a lot of lower class atheists in Britain, at least compared to countries like America or Canada where the lower class tends to be more devout, so it's not surprising they would be underrepresented in government.
                            Last edited by Darth Executor; 06-16-2017, 07:03 PM.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              From what I hear there are a lot of lower class atheists in Britain, at lesat compared to countries like America or Canada where the lower class tends to be more devout, so it's not surprising they would be underrepresented in government.
                              The Labour party which is led by anti-Christian Marxists has encouraged the loss of religion. However I would say the lower classes are not less devout than the upper or middle classes - and are possibly more devout. The older people from all classes are more devout but on the whole UK is much less Christian than America.

Comment