Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Oats Studios Volume 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oats Studios Volume 1

First, to get this out of the way: Oats Studios is a dumb name for a self-described "experimental" sci-fi movie studio. When I think about pure science fiction creativity, nothing comes to mind faster than oats.

Anyway, it's a project by Neill Blomkamp--whose past work I honestly haven't been that taken with--but they released their first short film on Friday. It's a 20-minute short called Rakka, and it's very cool. I can't link to it here, due to language, but it's very easy to find on youtube. The visuals and special effects are simply incredible IMO, so much so that I instantly dropped the $5 on Steam to get a download of it, as well as some artwork, etc.

In addition to the language, it has some violence and disturbing imagery: be warned. Easily the best thing I've seen all year.
    Last edited by Zymologist; 06-19-2017, 09:57 AM.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

what's their goal? To make movies? games? are they trying to raise money or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      what's their goal? To make movies? games? are they trying to raise money or something?
      They're planning on making a series of short sci-fi films, supposedly all interconnected. There may be plans for something bigger (full-length movie, maybe?), but I'm not sure.

They've uploaded this first short for free, but I thought it was worth buying a download of it. If they keep releasing stuff like this, I'll buy it.
      Last edited by Zymologist; 06-19-2017, 12:11 PM.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Perhaps they're "experimental films".
        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment