Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.06.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.06.20

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    In God we Trust...
    Shalom!

“The Lord’s promise is sure. He speaks no careless word; all he says is purest truth, like silver seven times refined.” (Psalm 12:6, The Living Bible)

I am sure you’ve heard the story about the man who fell off a cliff and on the way down he managed to reach out and grab a small tree growing out of the side of the mountain. Immediately he began calling for help. After several hours of getting no response and with his grip beginning to slip he finally asked God for help. From what sounded like the top of the cliff he heard a voice call out, “I come in answer to your pray are you okay? I am here to save you.” Instantly the man found a little more strength and replied, “I am okay but I am starting lose my grip, please hurry and save me. Who are you?” Again the voice called out, “I am God, all you need to do is trust me to save you and let go I will send an angel to catch you.” After several minutes, “God, can you go find someone with a rope?”

Trusting God is one of the most difficult and challenging part of building a solid relationship with him. No matter how many times God has proven himself when we find ourselves hanging on precariously for dear life the thought of trusting God with the outcome ignites a conflagration of fire storms that begin burning away our faith. Yet at the same time as our faith burns away the Holy Spirit replaces it with the Faith of Jesus and then we can find sufficient Faith to believe in the Promises of God and let go.

“Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are his wisdom and knowledge and riches! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his methods! For who among us can know the mind of the Lord? Who knows enough to be his counselor and guide? And who could ever offer to the Lord enough to induce him to act? For everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory. To him be glory evermore.” (Romans 11:33–36, The Living Bible)

“May the Lord of peace himself give you his peace no matter what happens. The Lord be with you all.”**
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations are taken from The Living Bible, Copyright © 1971. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, IL 60189. All rights reserved.”

**2 Thessalonians 3:16, The Living Bible
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X