Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain

I have a good friend who is in a great deal of pain. He does not have any solid diagnosis yet and may not for a while. I would appreciate prayers for him.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

Can they manage it at all?
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

?
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

His pain - are the drugs helping?
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              His pain - are the drugs helping?
              I understood but I am not sure. They are not, I believe, doing much at all. I suspect nerve pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                I understood but I am not sure. They are not, I believe, doing much at all. I suspect nerve pain.
                Oh, okay.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

My friend is managing the pain fairly well with posture, etc. He will ultimately have back surgery, there is spine distortion which is pinching nerves. First he will be having a steroid injection, but since he is on Coumadin he will have to go off it for a time before the injection. I assume the same will be true when he has his surgery. He still has the pain but is managing to live with it.

Comment

You have to get off a blood thinner before getting a shot? Interesting.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      You have to get off a blood thinner before getting a shot? Interesting.
                      Yeah, I do not understand why.

Comment

The most likely answer is that they interact in some unfortunate ways. Either chemically or they work at cross purposes in some manner.

Like taking Detrol and high blood pressure medicine - since one makes you have to go less often and the other tends to make you go more often.

Yes, I know from experience....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment