Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dems Lose Five For Five Open Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Atlanta? Seriously, you think Atlanta is 'redder than red'?

It should trouble Democrats - as hard as the media has been pushing the anti-Trump vitriol it is odd that they lost all five.
    Why is it odd that they lost elections that had been held by republicans for decades and that they were expected to lose?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Why is it odd that they lost elections that had been held by republicans for decades and that they were expected to lose?
      JimL,
      You're just running from the fact that in one or two election cycles there won't be any democrats in office.
      They'll be hunted for sport - outlawed - driven out of the country.

Be afraid.

-Meh Gerbil
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

It should trouble Democrats - as hard as the media has been pushing the anti-Trump vitriol it is odd that they lost all five.
        Given that Trump barely won the district, if this was a referendum on him, the Dems lost it.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

They really didn't expect a loss or they wouldn't have put that kind of money into it - unless they are total morons. The party thought it had a chance to win at least that one - probably more than one. A sweep either way is odd in the current climate.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Because every indication is that they didn't expect to lose. Nobody spends $24-million on a congressional campaign, the most expensive in US history, because they expect to lose.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Because every indication is that they didn't expect to lose. Nobody spends $24-million on a congressional campaign, the most expensive in US history, because they expect to lose.
              Of course they hoped to win, so what?

Comment

Of course they hoped to win, so what?
                They didn't merely hope to win, they EXPECTED to win, you moron. They weren't throwing away $24-million for a hollow moral victory. Look at the reaction on CNN. They were CRUSHED when it became clear Ossoff didn't have a chance. That's a strange reaction from people you claim expected the Democrat to lose.

Comment

They didn't merely hope to win, they EXPECTED to win, you moron. They weren't throwing away $24-million for a hollow moral victory. Look at the reaction on CNN. They were CRUSHED when it became clear Ossoff didn't have a chance. That's a strange reaction from people you claim expected the Democrat to lose.
                  So what?

Comment

So what?
                    So you got schooled, loser.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I guess you missed the long faces on CNN when it become obvious Handel would win.
                      0000000000000cnnlf.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It has been solidly Republican for years but given the fact that DeKalb is quite blue and North Fulton is mostly blue this is somewhat surprising.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So what?
                          So your attempts to downplay this loss as "expected" are disingenuous.

Comment

So your attempts to downplay this loss as "expected" are disingenuous.
                            Nope, not at all. As I said, its a disappointment, would have been an anomally, and a great win had the dems pulled it off, but that they cut 16% from the vote margin of the 2016 republican win, is encouraging.

Comment

Nope, not at all. As I said, its a disappointment, would have been an anomally, and a great win had the dems pulled it off, but that they cut 16% from the vote margin of the 2016 republican win, is encouraging.
                              You do realize that incumbents tend to get significantly larger margins of victory, yes?
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                                Wait till you find out it's Russians whole way down!!!
                                What is the official color of Russia? RED.

What is the official color of the Republicans? RED

Russia starts with an R. Republicans starts with an R. Trump has an R in it.

What more proof does anyone need?

Comment