Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Derail from Hillarygate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    And what exactly does controlling ones sexual appetite have to do with this story?

That she is considered brave for coming out and embracing immoral behavior.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      I agree, yet you guys seem to regularly and disgustingly praise soldiers or police who kill people for "bravery".
      Yes soldiers and cops can be brave, their job is very dangerous.

Obviously sex and sexuality aren't immoral, and a choice to refrain or not from it has nothing to do with "bravery". Though obviously talking about your own actions and opinions to a probably-hostile audience like the 12 year old girl did in her Mormon church, takes bravery.
      Nonsense, nothing will happen to her except perhaps excommunication, which she probably wants. Like I said this is neither brave or praiseworthy - giving into your most base desires never is.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Nonsense, nothing will happen to her except perhaps excommunication, which she probably wants. Like I said this is neither brave or praiseworthy - giving into your most base desires never is.
        Thank you, seer, for making it obvious for everyone why she is brave.

She probably knew that religious “authorities” like you would try to undermine her moral character and describe it in terms of “giving into your most base desires”. If that was all she wanted to do, she could have done so secretly or kept her profile low.

However, luckily, she realised she wanted to help others who found themselves in that very same situation. She obviously reflected on the questions as to why there would be anything wrong with it and came to the rather obvious conclusion that nothing is.

She did not have to grab the microphone in church. She did not have to go public about it. It was obvious that some would be very upset. She is basically telling “authorities” like you that you have got nothing. And so far your response has proven her right.

For a 12 years old I would say that is pretty good. And brave.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Thank you, seer, for making it obvious for everyone why she is brave.

She probably knew that religious “authorities” like you would try to undermine her moral character and describe it in terms of “giving into your most base desires”. If that was all she wanted to do, she could have done so secretly or kept her profile low.

However, luckily, she realised she wanted to help others who found themselves in that very same situation. She obviously reflected on the questions as to why there would be anything wrong with it and came to the rather obvious conclusion that nothing is.

She did not have to grab the microphone in church. She did not have to go public about it. It was obvious that some would be very upset. She is basically telling “authorities” like you that you have got nothing. And so far your response has proven her right.

For a 12 years old I would say that is pretty good. And brave.
          Right, and in your ethically twisted world she would have been just as brave if she came out as a prostitute or an adulterer or a fornicator who took on the football team.

Comment

Right, and in your ethically twisted world she would have been just as brave if she came out as a prostitute or an adulterer or a fornicator who took on the football team.
            You're confusing who a person is, for what a person does. Being a 12 yr old lesbian doesn't necessarily have anything to do with sexual activity any more than you being a heterosexual does.

Comment

You're confusing who a person is, for what a person does. Being a 12 yr old lesbian doesn't necessarily have anything to do with sexual activity any more than you being a heterosexual does.
              Nonsense, we are human beings with various desires or inclinations - and we are not defined by sexual proclivities - she is still confessing to immoral tendencies.

Comment

Nonsense, we are human beings with various desires or inclinations - and we are not defined by sexual proclivities - she is still confessing to immoral tendencies.
                Well, according to you she is confessing to immoral tendencies, but i'm guessing her mind hasn't been corrupted the way many peoples minds have been.

Comment

Well, according to you she is confessing to immoral tendencies, but i'm guessing her mind hasn't been corrupted the way many peoples minds have been.
                  Well of course her mind is corrupted, that is obvious since she is embracing an immoral and sinful tendency. BTW - my grandkids live in my house, you don't have to teach children to misbehave.

Comment

I guess this is where ad hominem is not enough. How low can you go?
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Well of course her mind is corrupted, that is obvious since she is embracing an immoral and sinful tendency. BTW - my grandkids live in my house, you don't have to teach children to misbehave.
                      Well of course that is a matter of opinion, I'm guessing that she would say that it is your mind that is corrupted.

Comment

I guess this is where ad hominem is not enough. How low can you go?
                        Charles, look at your reasoning, you said:

She obviously reflected on the questions as to why there would be anything wrong with it and came to the rather obvious conclusion that nothing is.

Well any body could justify almost any behavior using that rationale.

Comment

She obviously reflected on the questions as to why there would be anything wrong with it and came to the rather obvious conclusion that nothing is.

Sorry seer, but that doesn't even make sense.

Comment

Seer, look at your reasoning, you said:

Well of course her mind is corrupted, that is obvious since she is embracing an immoral and sinful tendency.

Well any body could blame almost any behavior using that rationale.

I hope you get the point when looking in the mirror?
                            Last edited by Charles; 06-24-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Seer, look at your reasoning, you said:

Well of course her mind is corrupted, that is obvious since she is embracing an immoral and sinful tendency.

Well any body could blame almost any behavior using that rationale.

I hope you get the point when looking in the mirror?
                              Bingo Charles, we are back to "opinions" and whose are correct or not.

Comment

Bingo Charles, we are back to "opinions" and whose are correct or not.
                                Yep. But no need to make up opinions and attach them to others in order to try to make them look bad and make them say stuff they would never say.

Comment