Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.06.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.06.22

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    Jesus knows...
    Shalom!

“Go and get your husband,” Jesus told her. “But I’m not married,” the woman replied. “All too true!” Jesus said. “For you have had five husbands, and you aren’t even married to the man you’re living with now.” “Sir,” the woman said, “you must be a prophet.” (John 4:16–19, The Living Bible)

How does that line go? “Oh, the tangled web we weave when we try to deceive.” I am sure that is not exactly how it reads but hopefully its close enough for you get the idea. And if we have enough “intestinal fortitude” to admit it we’re all guilty to a greater or lesser degree. But the one we deceive or try to deceive is ourselves. Since first reading the twelfth chapter of Romans I have always been impressed by Romans 12:3. “For by the grace given to me I say to every one of you not to think more highly of yourself than you ought to think, but to think with sober discernment, as God has distributed to each of you a measure of faith.” (Romans 12:3, NET)

When reading it or thinking about my own life I always add the phrase, “not to think more lowly of myself than I ought to think.” While that may not be a problem in your life/living it is in mine. As I look back over my 71 years I can’t help but wonder where I’d be today had I not listened to my own deceiving voice so many times and short changed myself. How many times have I said, “It’s my way not your way God,” and taken not a wrong road but not the right road either?

Did you hear it? Hear what you may be asking. Did you hear my own voice trying to deceive me into regretting all the mistakes I’ve made, trying to convince me because of some of the choices I’ve made I’m somehow a loser. That’s how sneaky we can be with ourselves not only can we deceive ourselves into thinking we’re the most important person in world or we can deceive ourselves into thinking we’re the lowest of the low.

We are, you and I individual, unique, and unrepeated miracles of God! Out of our relationship with God our “mistakes” have been transformed from “points of grace” to “points of glory”

“May the Lord of peace himself give you his peace no matter what happens. The Lord be with you all.”**
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations are taken from The Living Bible, Copyright © 1971. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, IL 60189. All rights reserved.”

**2 Thessalonians 3:16, The Living Bible
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X