Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Johnny Depp one-ups Kathy Griffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Actors should be seen and not heard.
    What do you expect from people who lie for a living...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Democratic Official Fired for Saying He’s ‘Glad’ Scalise Was Shot

Nebraska Democrats removed party official Phil Montag from his job on Thursday after a recording surfaced of him saying he wishes House Majority Whip Steve Scalise died during a recent attack.

http://www.thewrap.com/democratic-pa...ng-he-is-glad/
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Actors should be seen and not heard.
        Bring back the silent movies.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          I think we need to recognize that people, even celebrities, say silly things from time to time.
          There is no need to create a federal case out of every idiotic thing that finds its way across the internet.

Our society has a complete lack of moderation in response - does everything have to be DEFCON 1?
          I think this is way beyond merely saying something "silly".
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I think this is way beyond merely saying something "silly".
            I think it was a harmless joke, self-depreciating when he claimed he wasn't an actor.
            I'd of laughed had I been there.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Self-depreciating humor is fine. Suggesting that someone should assassinate the President of not.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Self-depreciating humor is fine. Suggesting that someone should assassinate the President of not.
                I'm not a huge fan of limiting humor in this way.
                The context makes it appear to be anything other than a serious suggestion.

Totally okay if you disagree with that - I just didn't find it offensive or threatening in the least.
                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of limiting humor in this way.
                  The context makes it appear to be anything other than a serious suggestion.

Totally okay if you disagree with that - I just didn't find it offensive or threatening in the least.
                  I don't care if he was joking. Tim Allen lost his show just for being a Trump supporter. Johnny Depp needs to burn. If the left isn't forced to play by the rules they created this will never end.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    I don't care if he was joking. Tim Allen lost his show just for being a Trump supporter. Johnny Depp needs to burn. If the left isn't forced to play by the rules they created this will never end.
                    That would be a reason other than Johnny being out of line.
                    That is called 'leveling the playing field' which I can get behind.

Comment

I think it was a harmless joke, self-depreciating when he claimed he wasn't an actor.
                      I'd of laughed had I been there.
                      one to many shots of sparko's rum today?
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Allen was a Kasich Supporter, not a Trump Supporter. In fact in an interview Allen is relatively explicit that he doesn't much care for Trump. (Thanks for the quote so I can correct why the show is going off the air) They don't want to host it because the humor is "politically incorrect" Despite the writers being liberal. Currently Many people are hoping that a network will pick the show up. One less concerned and who understand's Tim Allen's humor combined with the writers. I think the show is hilarious.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Depp's brain has long ago been pickled with booze...
                          His career has been in a nose dive, is desperate to be relevant and realizes that he would be applauded by the Hollywood celebutards for his comments.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            For being conservative when that is a sin worse than being a baby-raping cannibal in Hollyweird. I don't think he was a Trump supporter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                              one to many shots of sparko's rum today?
                              Most days, the rodent would not be unhappy if a nuke hit the Capitol building when both houses of Congress were in session.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

No self respecting nuke would be willing to go any where near any house of parliament any time this century (to date)
                                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                                Scripture before Tradition:
                                but that won't prevent others from
                                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment