Photos Just Don't Do it Justice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos Just Don't Do it Justice...

OK, so last week, I took my wife and grandson to the Grand Canyon. Wow. I think it's the epic example of "photos don't do it justice".

I KINDA felt that way at Niagara Falls, but nowhere to that degree.

What have you seen, or where have you been, that would be a good example of PJDDIJ?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The rainbow over our house the other night. A full bow, brilliantly coloured, which doesn't happen here much, in a sky totally pink at 10 pm.

What a stunning symbol of God's everlasting promises that my camera just couldn't capture properly.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      OK, so last week, I took my wife and grandson to the Grand Canyon. Wow. I think it's the epic example of "photos don't do it justice".

I KINDA felt that way at Niagara Falls, but nowhere to that degree.

What have you seen, or where have you been, that would be a good example of PJDDIJ?
      Both of those places, for sure. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem is on a whole 'nother level, though. I did not want to leave.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Both of those places, for sure. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem is on a whole 'nother level, though. I did not want to leave.
        Yes, there were several places in Jerusalem (and Israel) I just wanted to stay and "take in".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yes, there were several places in Jerusalem (and Israel) I just wanted to stay and "take in".
          When I went, I tended to be one of the last people out of many places (the exceptions tended to be the modernist Catholic churches built a century or two ago).
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            When I went, I tended to be one of the last people out of many places (the exceptions tended to be the modernist Catholic churches built a century or two ago).
            Yeah, I went with a tour group, and would love to go back without one. The tour dwelt too long in areas I really didn't care much about, and rushed through some of the stuff I would have loved to have experienced with my wife, and nobody else around.

Comment

St Patrick's Cathedral.
              sigpic

Comment

The Alps.

Went to a nice little Italian village near Bozen Italy - up in the Alps. It was so beautiful it took my breath away.

Comment

We did a guided hike up Mount St. Helens last year. Pretty crazy.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Well, I did glance in the mirror this morning....

I've been to the Grand Canyon, and that one definitely qualifies. The Craters of the Moon in Idaho looks pretty weird, and the photos I've seen on Google don't communicate well just how alien the place looks.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      Well, I did glance in the mirror this morning....

I've been to the Grand Canyon, and that one definitely qualifies. The Craters of the Moon in Idaho looks pretty weird, and the photos I've seen on Google don't communicate well just how alien the place looks.
                      I didn't really comprehend "Big Sky Country" until I had occasion to drive to Sweet Grass.
                      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                        I didn't really comprehend "Big Sky Country" until I had occasion to drive to Sweet Grass.
                        It's weird, isn't it? Montana really feels wide open in a way not many places do.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

We did a guided hike up Mount St. Helens last year. Pretty crazy.
                          We did a guided climb on donkeys up to the Citadelle Laferrièrel in Haiti - absolutely amazing how those donkeys can plod up a steep 18" wide path with stuff and people on their backs, and.... my wife wasn't with me - she would have had a heart attack!

cita2.jpg

And, yeah, the photo just doesn't....

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            It's weird, isn't it? Montana really feels wide open in a way not many places do.
                            I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're right. I've driven through a lot of places that were open as far as the eye can see, but they didn't feel huge the way Montana did. I wonder why that is.
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're right. I've driven through a lot of places that were open as far as the eye can see, but they didn't feel huge the way Montana did. I wonder why that is.
                              maybe because there are only 3 people living in the whole state?

Comment