Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Caught Lying Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN Caught Lying Again!

Oops...

Update: At 10:44 p.m. ET on Friday, June 23, CNN took down the article referenced in the first paragraph below and replaced it with an editor’s note, which reads: “On June 22, 2017, CNN.com published a story connecting Anthony Scaramucci with investigations into the Russian Direct Investment Fund. That story did not meet CNN’s editorial standards and has been retracted. Links to the story have been disabled. CNN apologizes to Mr. Scaramucci.”

The Senate Intelligence Committee is looking into a $10 billion Russian investment fund managed by a Kremlin-run bank tied to several Trump associates, CNN reported Friday.

A congressional source told CNN that lawmakers are investigating the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF), which is overseen by the state-run Vnesheconombank, whose CEO met with White House adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner in December. Both the bank and fund have been under U.S. sanction since Russia’s 2014 annexation of Crimea.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/sena...ump-associates

Moderated By: CP

CP DID IT AGAIN!!!!! Trying to QUOTE and comment, he managed to mess up Seer's whole OP!!!! This is why CP should not be posting while awake, or otherwise!

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-24-2017, 07:34 PM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

"That story did not meet CNN’s editorial standards and has been retracted."

CNN's "editorial standards"
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What CNN isn't telling us is that they pulled the article after Breitbart called them on the glaring inaccuracies.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-russian-fund/

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I don't care one fiddle for breitbart but at least give CNN credit for retracting a false article instead of wearing a tinfoil hat constantly like so many people on this board. Liberal and Conservative both.
        I for one don't give two craps about either party, Trump's stupid twitter, or the idiocy in Washington all the way around. Vote em all out and give us new people who actually give a snot about the future of the Country.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

CNN did the right thing by retracting.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            I don't care one fiddle for breitbart but at least give CNN credit for retracting a false article instead of wearing a tinfoil hat constantly like so many people on this board
            At this point it is sort of like congratulating the proverbial blind pig for eventually stumbling across that acorn.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              At this point it is sort of like congratulating the proverbial blind pig for eventually stumbling across that acorn.
              CNN is notorious for retracting articles or making corrections when notified of being wrong. Any half decent reporter is. When was the last time Breitbart or WND retracted an article for being wrong? Or do they not because they are soley "opinion based" Given that many editorials are based on opinion and not unbiased journalism, it was big of CNN to say no, you can't just publish a lie.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The story wasn't wrong on one or two points, it was practically a work of fiction from beginning to end and should have never been published in the first place.

Comment

they only retracted it AFTER breitbart did their job for them and fact checked the article. Why didn't CNN check the article before they published it in the first place? If they did that they wouldn't have a reputation as a fake news site. unless of course, they are implicit in publishing the fake news and only correct themselves when caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

so no, I give no credit for CNN retracting the article that should never have been published in the first place.

Comment

I think liberals are still trying to play by the old rules. Used to be they could have gotten considerable mileage out of something like this before quietly retracting it a week later. Now we have a President who isn't afraid to call out the media for their lies, and high-profile watchdogs like Breitbart and Drudge to keep them in check.

Let's put it like this: Who thinks CNN would have done their due diligence and retracted the article if Breitbart hadn't busted their chops? Anyone? Anyone?

Comment

I don't care one fiddle for breitbart but at least give CNN credit for retracting a false article instead of wearing a tinfoil hat constantly like so many people on this board.
                      You mean the tinfoil hat people who think CNN is fake news?

Look, CNN doesn't get credit for this sort of thing for a couple of reasons:
                      1: They are making these mistakes way too often; this is systemic, not an one off accident.
                      2: They didn't make these sorts of reputation damaging mistakes with Obama. (1)

In short, when they make dozens of these sorts of reputation destroying mistakes going after Trump - all in a mere 6 months - but don't manage to make these kinds of mistakes in 10 years of covering Obama then these incidents stop looking like mistakes and are at they very least indicative of favoritism and sloppiness which characterizes fake news. You may not like Trump, but when he called CNN fake news he totally nailed it.

NOTES
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      1: I asked for examples of reputation damaging mistakes that CNN made with Obama but I wasn't provided with examples.
                      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                        You mean the tinfoil hat people who think CNN is fake news?

Look, CNN doesn't get credit for this sort of thing for a couple of reasons:
                        1: They are making these mistakes way too often; this is systemic, not an one off accident.
                        2: They didn't make these sorts of reputation damaging mistakes with Obama. (1)

In short, when they make dozens of these sorts of reputation destroying mistakes going after Trump - all in a mere 6 months - but don't manage to make these kinds of mistakes in 10 years of covering Obama then these incidents stop looking like mistakes and are at they very least indicative of favoritism and sloppiness which characterizes fake news. You may not like Trump, but when he called CNN fake news he totally nailed it.

NOTES
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        1: I asked for examples of reputation damaging mistakes that CNN made with Obama but I wasn't provided with examples.
                        with Obama I think the fake news was in favor of Obama and his reputation. Just as fake but with a different goal

Comment

When it came to Obama, it was more about what they didn't report.

Comment

CNN is notorious for retracting articles or making corrections when notified of being wrong....
                            It's just that they're wrong so OFTEN, and downright careless about it.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              with Obama I think the fake news was in favor of Obama and his reputation. Just as fake but with a different goal
                              It wasn't so much that the MSM would simply make up stuff up as has so often been the case with Trump but rather that they would spike stories that made him look bad. One glaring example involving the supposed "paper of record," the New York Times, was how it studiously ignored the ACORN scandals and the Van Jones resignation. When they were finally dragged into covering them they had to spend a great deal of coverage simply reporting what had already taken place many weeks before. This was especially true in the latter case since they didn't start covering it until it was over -- Van Jones had resigned.

The Time's "Public Editor" Clark Hoyt chastised them for "looking clueless or, worse, partisan itself" especially since when they finally got around to it the emphasis was about Republicans simply trying to dig up dirt to damage Obama not the fact that there was a legitimate scandal. According to Hoyt, "Jill Abramson, the managing editor for news, agreed with me that the paper was ‘slow off the mark,’ and blamed ‘insufficient tuned-in-ness to the issues that are dominating Fox News and talk radio.’"

And it wasn't just the Times.

Washington Post ombudsman Andrew Alexander also criticized his paper for its "tardiness" in covering both the controversy surrounding Obama’s Green Jobs Czar Van Jones and the videos showing ACORN employees assisting a supposed pimp and prostitute in hiding their income and arranging for underage girls to be smuggled into the country to be used as prostitutes.

If it was bad for Obama the media wouldn't cover it or at best bury it deep inside in a short article

See-no-evil-hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil-monkeys-14750406-1600-1200.jpg
                              What? Democrats involved in monkey business? Unpossible!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment