Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Caught Lying Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, water is wet.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Three CNN journalists, including the executive editor in charge of a new investigative unit, have resigned after the publication of a Russia-related article that was retracted.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/26/medi...cle/index.html
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Three CNN journalists, including the executive editor in charge of a new investigative unit, have resigned after the publication of a Russia-related article that was retracted.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/26/medi...cle/index.html
        Even CNN admitting that they've published fake news won't be enough for some on this forum.
        Again: Was Trump correct when he called CNN fake news?

Yes, even CNN admits it now.

I'm glad I didn't spend my time defending CNN, because, wow, I'd feel like a dork right about now.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          It wasn't so much that the MSM would simply make up stuff up as has so often been the case with Trump but rather that they would spike stories that made him look bad. One glaring example involving the supposed "paper of record," the New York Times, was how it studiously ignored the ACORN scandals and the Van Jones resignation. When they were finally dragged into covering them they had to spend a great deal of coverage simply reporting what had already taken place many weeks before. This was especially true in the latter case since they didn't start covering it until it was over -- Van Jones had resigned.

The Time's "Public Editor" Clark Hoyt chastised them for "looking clueless or, worse, partisan itself" especially since when they finally got around to it the emphasis was about Republicans simply trying to dig up dirt to damage Obama not the fact that there was a legitimate scandal. According to Hoyt, "Jill Abramson, the managing editor for news, agreed with me that the paper was ‘slow off the mark,’ and blamed ‘insufficient tuned-in-ness to the issues that are dominating Fox News and talk radio.’"

And it wasn't just the Times.

Washington Post ombudsman Andrew Alexander also criticized his paper for its "tardiness" in covering both the controversy surrounding Obama’s Green Jobs Czar Van Jones and the videos showing ACORN employees assisting a supposed pimp and prostitute in hiding their income and arranging for underage girls to be smuggled into the country to be used as prostitutes.

If it was bad for Obama the media wouldn't cover it or at best bury it deep inside in a short article

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22974[/ATTACH]
          What? Democrats involved in monkey business? Unpossible!
          0000000000000ew.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There has been a lot of retracting of stories about Russia recently: https://theintercept.com/2017/06/27/...russia-threat/

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
              Even CNN admitting that they've published fake news won't be enough for some on this forum.
              Again: Was Trump correct when he called CNN fake news?

Yes, even CNN admits it now.

I'm glad I didn't spend my time defending CNN, because, wow, I'd feel like a dork right about now.
              They still aren't admitting they published fake news. According to the story linked by seer above:

"In a staff meeting Monday afternoon, investigative unit members were told that the retraction did not mean the facts of the story were necessarily wrong. Rather, it meant that "the story wasn't solid enough to publish as-is," one of the people briefed on the investigation said. "

pretty weaselly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                They still aren't admitting they published fake news. According to the story linked by seer above:

"In a staff meeting Monday afternoon, investigative unit members were told that the retraction did not mean the facts of the story were necessarily wrong. Rather, it meant that "the story wasn't solid enough to publish as-is," one of the people briefed on the investigation said. "

pretty weaselly.
                I wonder if that's what CNN also concluded when one of their news anchors, Don Lemon, suggested that a black hole on earth might be responsible for the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 back in 2014 -- that it wasn't necessarily wrong it just wasn't solid enough to go with yet.

Comment

language warning: new o'kleefe video out, showing cnn producer admitting russia story is BS (mild language warning) that they're pushing for ratings, and that trump is right to feel he is witch hunted:
                  http://therightscoop.com/breaking-ne...ion-narrative/
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I wonder if that's what CNN also concluded when one of their news anchors, Don Lemon, suggested that a black hole on earth might be responsible for the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 back in 2014 -- that it wasn't necessarily wrong it just wasn't solid enough to go with yet.
                    well to be fair he was just sharing the theories that other people came up with and asked experts what they thought.

Mary Shiavo is just about as dumb as the ideas. "A small black hole would suck in our entire universe"

Comment

pretty weaselly.
                      So basically, "We're not wrong. We just don't have any evidence to prove we're right."
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

well to be fair he was just sharing the theories that other people came up with and asked experts what they thought.

Mary Shiavo is just about as dumb as the ideas. "A small black hole would suck in our entire universe"
                        I don't think that anyone else came up with the idea that a black hole was responsible for the disappearance of the jet.

Comment

I don't think that anyone else came up with the idea that a black hole was responsible for the disappearance of the jet.
                          Well it happened in Millenium, only it was a worm hole into the future.

Comment

Well it happened in Millenium, only it was a worm hole into the future.

The jets didn't disappear in that movie. Instead, people who were about to die in a plane crash were transported into the future, and bio-engineered corpses were put in their place so that as far as history was concerned, they still died in a plane crash. Future humanity did this because people in the future were sterile, and they needed fertile humans from the past to continue the species.

It was a very dumb movie.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              The jets didn't disappear in that movie. Instead, people who were about to die in a plane crash were transported into the future, and bio-engineered corpses were put in their place so that as far as history was concerned, they still died in a plane crash. Future humanity did this because people in the future were sterile, and they needed fertile humans from the past to continue the species.

It was a very dumb movie.
                              The book was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                language warning: new o'kleefe video out, showing cnn producer admitting russia story is BS (mild language warning) that they're pushing for ratings, and that trump is right to feel he is witch hunted:
                                http://therightscoop.com/breaking-ne...ion-narrative/
                                There is more coming out tomorrow...
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment