Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.06.26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.06.26

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    Life for Living out of the Psalms: Psalm 18:30-34...
    Shalom!

“What a God he is! How perfect in every way! All his promises prove true. He is a shield for everyone who hides behind him. For who is God except our Lord? Who but he is as a rock? He fills me with strength and protects me wherever I go. He gives me the surefootedness of a mountain goat upon the crags. He leads me safely along the top of the cliffs. He prepares me for battle and gives me strength to draw an iron bow!” (Psalm 18:30–34, The Living Bible)

“What a God he is!” That is the understatement of ALL times! I can’t even begin to list all the ways that is true in my life! A couple of years ago at a low point in my life/living I struck up a two-way conversation with myself, “Gary,” I asked myself, “how can you believe in a God that has given you all the bad stuff in your body?” “What makes you think God gave to me?” I asked myself. “Well, if he didn’t give it to you he didn’t prevent it either,” came the reply.

I believe there are times when we need to sit down with ourselves and have and honest and in depth conversation like the one above. As long as we are honest and open with ourselves the Holy Spirit joins in and guides the conversation in the way it should go. The cone above was not the first time and I suspect it will not be the last time either. Perhaps it has a familiar ring to it. Conversations like that crop up when the reality of life conflict with the reality of Living in the Light of Jesus.

In some way, shape or form this is how my conversation ends. “Gary, it really doesn’t matter whether the bad stuff is from God or not, whether or not he could prevent it, life is as it is and when I hide behind him he protects our relationship with the Light and Love of Jesus. The bad stuff is the reason I need God. God is all about Gary, and when Gary is all about God the bad stuff becomes the good stuff.”

“Ok genius, how does bad stuff suddenly become good stuff when the bad stuff doesn’t go away?” My EGO enters the conversation. “I am sorry to disappoint you but I’m not genius but I am a believer in the bible and here’s what my bible says, ‘Out of my relationship with God come the surefootedness of a mountain goat so when life requires me to walk on tight rope I can do so safely. And he prepares me to do battle with those elements that come out of the bad stuff that seek to destroy my relationship with him.’”

“Okay you win this time but one of these times I’m gonna win.” Then suddenly another voice enters the conversation, “No you won’t!”

“May the Lord of peace himself give you his peace no matter what happens. The Lord be with you all.”**
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations are taken from The Living Bible, Copyright © 1971. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, IL 60189. All rights reserved.”

**2 Thessalonians 3:16, The Living Bible
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X