Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court: Gay Vs. Religious Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    Then you agree with the cake baker and that it is the Gay couple who are in the wrong here. Since he was not saying Thou shalt not; but I shalt not. He was not trying to deny them their right to a ceremony and celebration of it. so who's civil rights are denied? only The cake bakers.
    Not that simple. The baker refuses to serve one customer while serving another and the only reason for the discrimination is the customer's sexuality. He claims that his religion permits or even demands his discrimination. If that is so we must keep religion out of commerce as well as politics. Leave it in the Church.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Not that simple. The baker refuses to serve one customer while serving another and the only reason for the discrimination is the customer's sexuality. He claims that his religion permits or even demands his discrimination. If that is so we must keep religion out of commerce as well as politics. Leave it in the Church.
      Better plan: let's leave secular humanism out of the public square altogether.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

FF you are falling into the same trap Starlight does in not doing your homework. Rather then not serving people based on sexuality.
        From One News Now
        Phillips (pictured below) has said he sells bakery products to homosexuals at his Masterpiece Cake Shop in Denver but refuses to use his artistic talents for a same-sex wedding ceremony.

"It was the event I'm being forced to celebrate," he said. "I also don't make cakes for bachelor parties. I don't make Halloween cakes or anything with witchcraft or demons."

It was only the celebration of something he felt was wrong that he did not want to use his artistic talents for.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
          Then you agree with the cake baker and that it is the Gay couple who are in the wrong here. Since he was not saying Thou shalt not; but I shalt not. He was not trying to deny them their right to a ceremony and celebration of it. so who's civil rights are denied? only The cake bakers.
          Thou shalt not take firstfloor seriously. (Commandment 10.3)
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Thou shalt not take firstfloor seriously. (Commandment 10.3)
            well at least I've shown why the gays are wrong in these cases.

Comment

The religioso are “thou shalt not”… ers. Notice that it is not ‘I shall not’ but ‘you shall not’. They try to hide their discrimination behind God; putting their own words blasphemously in God’s mouth.

The time is out of joint. O cursèd spite,
              That ever I was born to set it right!
              Nay, come, let’s go together.
              Roses are red
              Violets are blue
              You are a moron
              The end
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

... The baker refuses to serve one customer ....
                No he didn't. He actually offered them a cake that just didn't have any wedding message or icons on it.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Roses are red
                  Violets are blue
                  You are a moron
                  The end
                  Hey, that didn't rhyme!
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

No he didn't. He actually offered them a cake that just didn't have any wedding message or icons on it.
                    Oh, so that’s okay then …. No wait, it’s NOT. Can you imagine going into a barber shop and the guy says “Sorry, I don’t do Christian haircuts.” It’s idiotic. So, you see, stop picking on gays and don’t encourage others, including with your vote. Some won’t put icing on a cake and others will just throw them off rooftops – it’s all the same nasty intolerance and ignorance that the religioso love so much. Give it up, in Jesus’ name.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Oh, so that’s okay then …. No wait, it’s NOT. Can you imagine going into a barber shop and the guy says “Sorry, I don’t do Christian haircuts.” It’s idiotic. So, you see, stop picking on gays and don’t encourage others, including with your vote. Some won’t put icing on a cake and others will just throw them off rooftops – it’s all the same nasty intolerance and ignorance that the religioso love so much. Give it up, in Jesus’ name.
                      I'll leave this here:
                      http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-con...r-2816232.html
                      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                        Oh dear ... Everyone should be able to live in peace (if they submit to our rules.)
                        Last edited by tabibito; 06-27-2017, 11:45 AM.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Will FF come out and denounce this terrible moral evil? Where are you FF?
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Oh, so that’s okay then …. No wait, it’s NOT. Can you imagine going into a barber shop and the guy says “Sorry, I don’t do Christian haircuts.”
                            What the heck is a "Christian haircut"? But apparently it's ok to be gay and not want to cut a Republican's hair...

It’s idiotic.
                            Sorry, stupid, but it's the law. You do not have to provide a message that you do not agree with as long as you provide a comparable service. See Hurley v. Irish and Wooley v. Maynard.

So, you see, stop picking on gays and don’t encourage others, including with your vote.
                            Who is "picking on gays"? A cake was offered by the business. Period.

Some won’t put icing on a cake and others will just throw them off rooftops
                            Dang you are stupid...

– it’s all the same nasty intolerance and ignorance that the religioso love so much.
                            Refusing to be forced into participating in something immoral is not intolerant, you clod.
                            Last edited by Bill the Cat; 06-27-2017, 12:05 PM.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

What the heck is a "Christian haircut"?
                              Hair cut short and evenly, without touching the ears or the collar; also clean-shaven, with no side-burns. You know, the way Jesus had it.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

That deserves a round of applause. Clappity, clap.

Comment