Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

$15/hr Min Wage - We told you so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    There was a methodologically-better study published last week on the subject from the University of Berkeley. It found only positive results from the Seattle minimum wage increases.

Latest study: Seattle’s wage law lifted restaurant pay without shrinking jobs:
    That is a decent link - the article links both studies.

Berkeley only looks at food service, Washington looks at the entire labor market. Berkeley is not superior methodologically that I can see - it is studying a smaller cross section.

What specific methodological issues did you find?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      I didn't expect this from you.

+1 for surprise
      +1 for clever

You've won the internet for today.
      The Internet belongs to me, I don't remember licensing it for your raffle. We shall discuss this fraudulent award distribution at length during your monthly Drama Club review.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        The Internet belongs to me, I don't remember licensing it for your raffle. We shall discuss this fraudulent award distribution at length during your monthly Drama Club review.
        Meanwhile, Al Gore wants his internetzweb back.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          It is, but you only get paid minimum wage to do it.
          That reminds me of how, when I was still but a lad, the state of South Dakota sort of paid folks to hunt prairie dogs which wrecked havoc on farmlands. They offered a bounty of something like 2˘ per tail from one, which barely covered the cost of the .22 round that was used.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            That reminds me of how, when I was still but a lad, the state of South Dakota sort of paid folks to hunt prairie dogs which wrecked havoc on farmlands. They offered a bounty of something like 2˘ per tail from one, which barely covered the cost of the .22 round that was used.
            And that's if you're a good shot!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Coke bottle deposits were a better deal.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                And that's if you're a good shot!
                Yup. And my very first outing -- the second time I ever shot a rifle -- I got roughly 75% of them which was just below what my two older, and very experienced cousins got

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yup. And my very first outing -- the second time I ever shot a rifle -- I got roughly 75% of them which was just below what my two older, and very experienced cousins got

Who's parents were funding the bullets?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Who's parents were funding the bullets?
                    It was likely my great uncle Tom (my grandmother on my mother's side brother-in-law[1]) since it was his farm.

1. Yikes, I'm starting to sound like Malak, the thief in the movie Conan the Destroyer or Dark Helmet in Spaceballs

Comment

It was likely my great uncle Tom (my grandmother on my mother's side brother-in-law[1]) since it was his farm.

1. Yikes, I'm starting to sound like Malak, the thief in the movie Conan the Destroyer or Dark Helmet in Spaceballs

wouldn't his father's brother's nephew be HIM?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        wouldn't his father's brother's nephew be HIM?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          My younger cousin married my uncle some years back ... I wasn't popular when I called her "aunty."
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

My dad's brother's nephew's cousin's dad's brother's son, is me too.

Comment

I'm for a $15 minimum wage?
                              Why?

Because if I'm for it I'm popular and when it fails I don't have to take heat for it - because when liberal ideas fail nobody is ever called to account for it.
                              That is the fun part about being liberal.
                              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                                I'm for a $15 minimum wage?
                                Why?

Because if I'm for it I'm popular and when it fails I don't have to take heat for it - because when liberal ideas fail nobody is ever called to account for it.
                                That is the fun part about being liberal.
                                I'm for it - since your not, send me the difference!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment