Thread: Is God a Super Man?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Is God a Super Man?

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wouldn't want to be a god myself. Way too much responsibility. It takes a lot of chutzpah to think you can be worthy of being God. Pretty much the sin of Satan, eh?

3. Amen TheWall, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This shows one of the biggest failures of Mormonism. It does not at all explain the origins of man or the universe. It requires infinite regression.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

5. Amen Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    This shows one of the biggest failures of Mormonism. It does not at all explain the origins of man or the universe. It requires infinite regression.
    if I remember what LDStrue or one of the other mormons said, is that there was an eternal state of just intelligences floating around (which are uncreated) and one "day" one of the intelligences somehow became a god and he then started the whole chain of events. He couldn't explain how you could have change in an eternal state (why didn't it happen earlier? later?) or how the god changed from an intelligence to a god, but everyone else has to go intelligence --> spirit baby --> human --> god or where the first god got his wife to make the spirit babies.

7. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.