Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is God a Super Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is God a Super Man?

That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

I wouldn't want to be a god myself. Way too much responsibility. It takes a lot of chutzpah to think you can be worthy of being God. Pretty much the sin of Satan, eh?

Comment

This shows one of the biggest failures of Mormonism. It does not at all explain the origins of man or the universe. It requires infinite regression.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        This shows one of the biggest failures of Mormonism. It does not at all explain the origins of man or the universe. It requires infinite regression.
        if I remember what LDStrue or one of the other mormons said, is that there was an eternal state of just intelligences floating around (which are uncreated) and one "day" one of the intelligences somehow became a god and he then started the whole chain of events. He couldn't explain how you could have change in an eternal state (why didn't it happen earlier? later?) or how the god changed from an intelligence to a god, but everyone else has to go intelligence --> spirit baby --> human --> god or where the first god got his wife to make the spirit babies.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X