Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gender Neutrality Silliness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gender Neutrality Silliness

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/con...D=ansmsnnews11

Okay, I actually side with Yale on this one - if it is single occupancy then the distinction makes no sense.

Mind you, it's not the 'ugly government oppressing the gender confused' thing it's portrayed to be - the silly building code needs to be updated.

And more stalls in the ladies' room mandated!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

And more stalls in the ladies' room mandated!
    Fair is fair. We should all have the same number of stalls in order to be equal. But you should also get the same number of urinals too.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The first gender neutral bathroom:

cedar-grove-windy-hill-outhouse.jpg

Comment

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/27/ge...ivers-license/

A gender-neutral option was made available on Washington, D.C. driver’s licenses as of Tuesday, making D.C. the first in the nation to offer such and option.

“X,” the new gender neutral identifier, is now featured alongside “M” and “F,” to accommodate D.C. citizens who identify as a “non-binary” gender.

Tuesday marks the first day D.C. residents could obtain a license with this gender marker. D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser announced the addition of the gender-neutral option in a statement published June 23.

“Washington, DC has long been a leader in LGBTQ rights and gender issues, and this change is the most recent example of our city’s commitment to inclusivity,” said Bowser in the statement.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/27/ge...ivers-license/

A gender-neutral option was made available on Washington, D.C. driver’s licenses as of Tuesday, making D.C. the first in the nation to offer such and option.

“X,” the new gender neutral identifier, is now featured alongside “M” and “F,” to accommodate D.C. citizens who identify as a “non-binary” gender.

Tuesday marks the first day D.C. residents could obtain a license with this gender marker. D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser announced the addition of the gender-neutral option in a statement published June 23.

“Washington, DC has long been a leader in LGBTQ rights and gender issues, and this change is the most recent example of our city’s commitment to inclusivity,” said Bowser in the statement.
          Since when did he leave the Mushroom Kingdom?

Comment

This choosing your own gender is getting so passe. When can I change my height and weight just by deciding to? I want to be 10-ft 16 inches and 100 pounds and be called Ze Stickman. If people don't accept that and build buildings to accommodate my height I will sue them for hate crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              This choosing your own gender is getting so passe. When can I change my height and weight just by deciding to? I want to be 10-ft 16 inches and 100 pounds and be called Ze Stickman. If people don't accept that and build buildings to accommodate my height I will sue them for hate crimes.
              Liberalism isn't about accommodating any physical fantasy; it is only about accommodating sex fantasies such as drug fueled anonymous sex near the dumpster out behind the nightclub.
              Liberalism is about sex, Sex, SEX in every imaginable form.

In short, if you could make your height/weight requirements about SEX then you'd have their attention.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Fair is fair. We should all have the same number of stalls in order to be equal. But you should also get the same number of urinals too.

Better plan - more stalls, no urinals anywhere.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The first gender neutral bathroom:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23064[/ATTACH]
                  My aunt's house had one of those!
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                    Liberalism isn't about accommodating any physical fantasy; it is only about accommodating sex fantasies such as drug fueled anonymous sex near the dumpster out behind the nightclub.

In short, if you could make your height/weight requirements about SEX then you'd have their attention.
                    Gerbil, you talk about all that as if it wouldn't be a lot of fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/con...D=ansmsnnews11

Okay, I actually side with Yale on this one - if it is single occupancy then the distinction makes no sense.
                      The only reason I could think of having a single occupancy restroom designated for women only is for breast feeding, but even then it's still not fully justifiable. I can't think of any reason for single occupancy for men only. Except "this one has a urinal" or something...

This is what is super strange to me:

The Ivy League school said in the lawsuit it wants to designate all single-occupant restrooms at its law school as gender neutral, but the plan runs afoul of the state building code, which does not count gender-neutral bathrooms when it assesses whether a public building has enough toilets.
                      Say what now?

What if instead of "gender neutral" you counted them as "man" and "woman" bathrooms. Would that double the amount of bathrooms in the eyes of the building code?

Because I could see a legal regulation being that silly, everyone would know it's silly, yet no one would get around to changing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post

well... I could change my name to something more phallic. A 10'-16" something else. nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          My aunt's house had one of those!
                          what gender was your aunt?

Comment

what gender was your aunt?
                            She was a woman but identified as a male lumber jack!
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              She was a woman but identified as a male lumber jack!
                              Is this her? the one on the right?

Comment