Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

A Praise From a Wonderful Older Lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Praise From a Wonderful Older Lady

One of the nursing homes we minister to has a beautiful chapel. The nursing home also includes assisted living areas, and is run by the Lutherans. It's one of our favorite places to minister, because the people always seem so glad to see us.

They call us "the happy Church". Apparently, some of the other Churches come and put on a program that has kinda dismal singing and a lot of "talking" --- we sing lively songs, and preach Jesus, and have fun.

Anyway, we arrived early this last Sunday afternoon, and a little old lady was sitting in the chapel playing the piano. We walked up to her, and somebody called out "that's beautiful" - but she didn't respond. When she finished playing one song, and was getting ready to play another, our music leader asked her to play Amazing Grace. She ignored us. Like she was deaf.

She was.

She had lost her hearing about 15 years ago, but still played the piano beautifully.

My associate pastor, who is also our nursing home chaplain, tapped her on the shoulder, and she turned around. She explained that she didn't hear us, because she's deaf, but she reads lips. Charlie asked her if we could pray for her, and our whole team kinda surrounded her, and prayed for her, and Charlie prayed for her hearing.

This morning, she called the Church and asked for Charlie. Her hearing had returned! Not all at once, but ever since Sunday, she's been getting her hearing back. She says she can hear pretty clearly in her left ear, and is starting to hear in her right ear, as well.

God is good.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

wow!!

Yes, God is good!

Comment

Cool.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        wow!!

Yes, God is good!
        I know our skeptics wouldn't call that a "miracle", but when something good like that happens, you don't debate "what it is" -- you simply praise God and thank Him for his goodness.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I know our skeptics wouldn't call that a "miracle", but when something good like that happens, you don't debate "what it is" -- you simply praise God and thank Him for his goodness.
          can she hear herself playing the piano now?

Comment

can she hear herself playing the piano now?
            Absolutely. And she said "I didn't know how awful I sounded". We set her straight, though - she played amazingly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Absolutely. And she said "I didn't know how awful I sounded". We set her straight, though - she played amazingly well.
              sounds like a great witness to those around her to listen to the gospel. My dad being healed after a stroke and being prayed for by my mom's church is what convinced me that there was something to all this "god stuff" and got me into church.

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

sounds like a great witness to those around her to listen to the gospel. My dad being healed after a stroke and being prayed for by my mom's church is what convinced me that there was something to all this "god stuff" and got me into church.
                  "Come on, we all know that miracles do not happen because science." (See Deeper Waters today)
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment