No announcement yet.

Tea: an Epiphany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probably won't be the same. I tried making cinnamon tea and putting cream in it, but it doesn't taste the same as what I had. I think it had some other stuff in it. It was some sort of instant tea mix, which sound terrible but it was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      I tried chamomile tea the other day and liked it. I sipped it, thought, "This tastes like grass," sipped it again, and thought, "huh, not bad."
      Next thing you know you will be eating Tofu and listening to show tunes! Turn back while you can Z!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Next thing you know you will be eating Tofu and listening to show tunes! Turn back while you can Z!
        Nah, I'll stick with my chamomile tea and heavy metal. What more natural pairing could there be?
        Last edited by Zymologist; 06-28-2017, 02:51 PM.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          probably won't be the same. I tried making cinnamon tea and putting cream in it, but it doesn't taste the same as what I had. I think it had some other stuff in it. It was some sort of instant tea mix, which sound terrible but it was really good.

I tried.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I tried.
            I appreciate it. I will indeed try it and see. Nothing to lose by trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I found some sort of Vietnamese or Viennese (I forget) cinnamon creme tea once at a Big Lots store (Big Lots sells closeout items). It was the best tea I ever had. Of course when I went back to get more, it was all gone. Never found anything like it again.
              http://www.adagio.com/signature_blen...ml?blend=55096
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Tastes good and good for upset stomachs. And good for cooking, too. (The root and leaves, I mean, not necessarily the tea.)
                I love ginger. I just wondered what you had in mind. Have you tried candied ginger? Wonderful stuff. I plan to make some of my own when winter closes in.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                  The best stuff always gets discontinued. Best popsicles, best yogurt, best fruit flavored licorice, best headache medicine. My favorite stuff always gets discontinued.
                  I got some candied ginger from Costco a while back. Decided to buy a bunch but it was gone when I got back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    I love ginger. I just wondered what you had in mind. Have you tried candied ginger? Wonderful stuff. I plan to make some of my own when winter closes in.
                    Love candied ginger. And it's even better when covered with dark chocolate!

I have a muffin recipe that is a plain nutmeg muffin, and I have used chopped candied ginger and pecans in it. It's very nice.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I got some candied ginger from Costco a while back. Decided to buy a bunch but it was gone when I got back.
                      Some things are seasonal. If you got it around Christmas they might have it again this Christmas.

Comment

It's not that hard to make.

Candied Ginger
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Love candied ginger. And it's even better when covered with dark chocolate!

I have a muffin recipe that is a plain nutmeg muffin, and I have used chopped candied ginger and pecans in it. It's very nice.
                          I may have to give that a try. I do love ginger.

Comment

Let me know if you want the recipe.

My Dad loved chocolate covered ginger. We hated it as kids, but each of us grew to love it as we got older. MelMak likes it, but his sister still doesn't.

I tell her that it's a grown-up thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              It's not that hard to make.
                              I want big chunks of ginger as opposed to the thin slices most recipes make. This is what I plan to use.

Candied Ginger

Comment

I can probably make it without a recipe but I will holler if I need it. Thanks.

Comment