Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Apocalypse Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apocalypse Past

It seemed that through 2015 and 2016, there was a real rise in Apocalypse feelings. Several stations had shows like "How the World Ends" or about preppers.

Now this year, they're gone.

Was it just a fad reflecting our anxiety on the presidential election? Or is this a lull so we don't know the day or the hour?
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

I think it could be either one. Honestly the apocalypse genre is in a sense escapism.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      It seemed that through 2015 and 2016, there was a real rise in Apocalypse feelings. Several stations had shows like "How the World Ends" or about preppers.

Now this year, they're gone.

Was it just a fad reflecting our anxiety on the presidential election? Or is this a lull so we don't know the day or the hour?
      Seems like there were considerably more as 2000 approached as well as 2012.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

we are in a pause of people predicting the end of the world too. could be related.

Comment

So an outbreak of apocalyptic thinking probably correlates to a rise in anxiety in society. I can handle that.

Nevertheless, let us keep looking for the return of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

The world, having ended on April 23 2018, will also end on June 24 2018: https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/the-bi...une-24th-2018/

If I were the world, I would want a lie-down after ending so frequently.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X