View Poll Results: Trump's tweets are...

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sad!

1 14.29%
  • Making America Great Again one tweet at a time

1 14.29%
  • Unpresidented

1 14.29%
  • Show he's got what it takes to be a TWeb Mod

3 42.86%
  • Are totally inappropriate for a President

1 14.29%
  • Show he's the boss and has a spine

2 28.57%
  • Inspiring, like motivational posters

0 0%
  • Demeaning of women and unacceptable

1 14.29%
  • Twitter should ban him

2 28.57%
  • Show he's a 70-year old insane man-baby

1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Tweets

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That was a valuable lesson my mom taught me back when we actually used to "write letters". She insisted, if you have something unpleasant to say, go ahead and write the letter, but don't mail it for 24 hours. Then sit and read it, and see if that's still what you want to say. RARELY did I send the letter "as is".
    That reminds me of something one of our pastors said a few years back. He suggested that everyone write down all the things that are upsetting them now, put the list away and then read it a year from now. He said that you'll be surprised at how many of things on the list will seem trivial and not worth bothering over.

I'm always still in trouble again

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Joe and Mika are far from the innocent little lambs that the MSM is trying to paint them as and are in many ways reaping what they sowed. Having said that I'd all be in favor of mandating a 48 hour waiting period on Trump's twitter account.
    The difference between Joe/Mika and Donald Trump is that the latter has to make life and death decisions that involve the entire world. Part of being president is dealing with detractors. Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Obama, etc, all had to deal with it, and they rose above the nastiest stuff. That's what a president does, they LEAD by example and show restraint; Donald Trump is the opposite of restraint and leadership.

3. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    The difference between Joe/Mika and Donald Trump is that the latter has to make life and death decisions that involve the entire world. Part of being president is dealing with detractors. Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Obama, etc, all had to deal with it, and they rose above the nastiest stuff. That's what a president does, they LEAD by example and show restraint; Donald Trump is the opposite of restraint and leadership.
    Yup.

Say what you will about Obama (and what I would say is that he was politically weak and inept, should stand trial for war crimes, and is/was far too right-wing for my tastes) he managed to be and act presidential in a way the US hasn't really seen before in its modern history. He had a total of zero personal scandals in office and the worst Faux News could come up with against him was that he used mustard on the wrong food and once saluted soldiers while holding a latte.

Obama's personal presidential behavior, charisma, intelligence, and thoughtfulness, made pretty much the entire rest of the Western world fall in love with him and say "I wish our country had a leader like that whom we could admire on a personal level." My dad had an Obama T-shirt, a non-US celebrity I know of had an Obama statue in his house, and Obama would always get cheering crowds across Europe.

In some ways his incredibly high level of presidential behavior, and the international respect that accrued towards America as a result, were unfortunate and bad for the world: Because it blinded people to just how bad his continuation of the Bush Era war policies were and how much of the Middle-Eastern and subsequent terrorism problems were being caused by US interventionism in the region. The US's "bomb-everywhere, destabilize the entire region and foster the growth of terrorism" policies that had been hated internationally under Bush, managed to fly under the international radar with Obama because he himself put a smiling face on them.

Anyway, that's getting far too serious for teh Dllama Clubb... so I think Trump would make for an above-average TWeb mod, does everyone agree? He should probably run the Drama club forum at least. It would give him something to do other than tweet and play golf in between signing things he doesn't understand.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    The GOP should appoint a Twitter baby sitter for him who has to approve the tweets he wants to post before they go up.
    this.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That was a valuable lesson my mom taught me back when we actually used to "write letters". She insisted, if you have something unpleasant to say, go ahead and write the letter, but don't mail it for 24 hours. Then sit and read it, and see if that's still what you want to say. RARELY did I send the letter "as is".
    yeah I try to do this before I send any critical email, especially at work. I usually wait about an hour after writing it before sending it. same principal of "counting to 10 whenyou are angry" -- here on tweb it is also our rule to discuss reports among ourselves before deciding how to handle it for the same reason.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I used to suspect that Trump was intentionally making provocative tweets to distract from unpopular legislation he wanted proposed, but honestly he seems to tweet too impulsively to account for such a plan. (It's well documented that he tends to post about things that are being discussed on major news programs at that exact time, suggesting he's interacting with what he's watching on TV.)
    Something is always happening, but when it happens, people don't always see it, or understand it... or accept it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I love his Twitter feed
    The last Christian left at tweb

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't actually use Twitter myself.
    Something is always happening, but when it happens, people don't always see it, or understand it... or accept it.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I don't actually use Twitter myself.
    Me either. If it weren't for journalists repeating his tweets (and making a huge deal out of them), I'd never see them.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Same here.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?