Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Bear encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You mean, you can't embed them? Or you mean you can't watch them when posted?
    I can't embed them. I guess.

I can click on the link I post and it takes me to the video, but they don't show up in the post except as a link.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I can't embed them. I guess.

I can click on the link I post and it takes me to the video, but they don't show up in the post except as a link.
      Hmmmm.....

wanna compare methodologies? I'm using Firefox as my browser (for now), and Win 10 (against my better judgment), and I seem to have no trouble at all.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Hmmmm.....

wanna compare methodologies? I'm using Firefox as my browser (for now), and Win 10 (against my better judgment), and I seem to have no trouble at all.

I tried to post this one with my iPad, so, Chrome?

But even on my laptop with Windows 7 and Firefox, I don't think it works.

I copy and paste the URL into the little filmstrip icon box at the top of the reply box next to the quote icon. Maybe that's not the right thing to do.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

http://<iframe width="640" height="3...lt;/iframe>

Attempt with embed code
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

https://youtu.be/SEZJTUFTQKw

Attempt with video URL
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

https://youtu.be/SEZJTUFTQKw?t=1

Attempt with present time URL.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The icon doesn't work at all for me in Google Chrome.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

OK, just for grins, I'll post one and track exactly what it is I do.

FIRST, I click on the filmstrip icon in the toolbar above....

Then, I open a DIFFERENT browser tab or window, and find the video I want to embed...

Then I don't use any of the embed stuff in the video's page... I just go to that web address bar, and copy the whole URL --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD63JOjqTDg

Then I come back to the first window/tab, and paste that in the

video insert.jpg

And I get this....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Attempt using the URL in the address bar

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

That's exactly what I did earlier today. But this time, I'm on my laptop.

Comment

This thread seems to bear a lot of weight on education.
                            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

11 year old bearing arms faces down bear...

Source: Armed 11-year-old boy saves uncle from charging bear

Quick action from a Hoonah boy saved a fishing party from a charging brown bear on June 18, the Empire has learned through Alaska State Troopers and family members.

It was the first Defense of Life or Property (DLP) killing in the Hoonah area this year, according to trooper spokesperson Megan Peters.

When the attack occurred, Elliot Clark, then 11 years old, was walking through the woods near Game Creek in Port Frederick several miles south of Hoonah. The young outdoorsman was heading to a nearby fishing hole with his uncle, Craig Stoltzfus, Stoltzfus’ father, a cousin and three dogs.

Stoltzfus and Elliot Clark were armed when a brown bear came out of the woods, charging the group head on. The other members of the party were not armed.

Lucas Clark, Elliot’s father and himself a bear hunting guide, told the story in a Tuesday phone interview with the Empire. Elliot Clark declined to be interviewed at this time.

Lucas Clark was in Washington state at the time of the attack, but his account squares with that from Alaska State Troopers, who investigate DLP killings in Alaska. Stoltzfus couldn’t be reached for this story.

“There was four of them in a line … my son was third,” Clark said. “The bear came down the trail at them, fella in the front, who was his uncle, the bear was on him so quickly that he didn’t have time to take his rifle off his shoulder.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

More can be found here: Armed 11-year-old boy saves fishing party from charging bear

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This has been a year for bears. More folks killed and mauled by bears than we have had in a few years.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X