Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The General Anime/Manga Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    You mean like gamers that assume all Christians are narrow minded rednecks or computer nerds who assume anyone who can't program in C+++ is a Neanderthal?

Bias lives in every group - best to check for our own logs and not worry about the other guy's sticks.

His loss anyway.
    Pssst. it's C++, not C++++
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
      Pssst. it's C++, not C++++

Thank you for making my point - and I only added one extra +...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

You mean like gamers that assume all Christians are narrow minded rednecks or computer nerds who assume anyone who can't program in C+++ is a Neanderthal?

Bias lives in every group - best to check for our own logs and not worry about the other guy's sticks.

His loss anyway.
        Urban Dictionary: C+++
        www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term...
        Urban Dictionary
        C+++. The language god used to program the universe. "Hey did you hear about George? He tried to use C+++, he got a BSOD and died." by Anonymous ...
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
          Well, that hint's in the anime too, but about ten episodes in, I just figured she was a comic relief character, along with the other two, inept servants (Sebastian never spontaneously eats people, by the way). It's just really weird that they reveal it twenty one episodes in, and then just never talk about it again.

Also, yeah, the second season's about the old characters as well. I was confused because the first episode of the second season showed another kid (Who's quite possibly the most unlikable character ever), and another demon (I think?) butler.
          Getting back to this, the manga improves dramatically by the third arc. The fourth, Titanic, is my favorite and even the brat has his good moments - but it has another of those 'out of thin air plot twists' so you might not like it as much.

And yes, he IS the most unlikable kid ever.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Gintama has become one of my favorite animes.
            "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
            -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I support the :
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Akatsuki no Yona (Teal, you should check this one out, it's right up your alley)
              I finally got back to this. Thanks, DE! I really like it so far!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Gintama has become one of my favorite animes.

I couldn't get into the manga. I gave up after fifteen - twenty chapters.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I couldn't get into the manga. I gave up after fifteen - twenty chapters.
                  Yeah, the opening is pretty bland... it gets better towards after the first 45 ep of the anime (no clue what manga chapter that starts here).
                  -Unknown

I support the :
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the opening is pretty bland... it gets better towards after the first 45 ep of the anime (no clue what manga chapter that starts here).
                    I may try it again later, then.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• I've somehow completely missed that the Hunter X Hunter manga resumed in April. This is probably the greatest manga related news I've heard in a great while. It's also a good excuse for me to necro this thread again.

Comment

• I already read 'em!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Anyone else read Spice and Wolf?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I already read 'em!
                            So, you did pick up the manga. What's your thoughts on it after having read through up to this point, aside from the insanely long breaks the author tends to take between chapters?

Comment

Anyone else read Spice and Wolf?
                              I have not. I might pick it up. Is it still ongoing, or is it completed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                                So, you did pick up the manga. What's your thoughts on it after having read through up to this point, aside from the insanely long breaks the author tends to take between chapters?
                                I like the strong character development - and obviously, some of the characters. The powers, not so much. The explanation is less than satisfying.

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                                I have not. I might pick it up. Is it still ongoing, or is it completed?
                                Ongoing. Manga with a mercantile twist. Starts a little slow and it's not a page turner, but I do find it interesting - more than I'd have thought I would.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X