Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The General Anime/Manga Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    According to wiki it predates Attack on titan by 2 years so...
    ?

According to Wikipedia, "Attack on Titan began serialization in Kodansha's monthly publication Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine in its September 2009 issue" And Knights of Sidonia "debuted in Kodansha magazine Afternoon's June issue in 2009."

It is doubtful that one influenced the other.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Hey Chrawn, just don't read this until you've read the latest Naruto, okay?

First time I've ever really liked something Sasuke did! There just might be hope for our boy yet...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Hey Chrawn, just don't read this until you've read the latest Naruto, okay?
        How far are you going to take this spoiler-warning thing exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          How far are you going to take this spoiler-warning thing exactly?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• I think I posted this already but....Space Dandy. It's basically Johnny Bravo in space.
            Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

• Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
              I think I posted this already but....Space Dandy. It's basically Johnny Bravo in space.

Well, at least he doesn't think he's Elvis...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Well, at least he doesn't think he's Elvis...
                It's actually kind of like Cowboy Bebop, only with a womanizing egomaniac as the protagonist.
                Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

It's actually kind of like Cowboy Bebop, only with a womanizing egomaniac as the protagonist.
                  Bebop actually has a coherent, if weird, plot. Dandy barely manages coherent episodes...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Bebop actually has a coherent, if weird, plot. Dandy barely manages coherent episodes...
                    Nah, Space Dandy's episodes are coherent enough, you're thinking of Bobobo-bobo-bobobo. Seriously, I swear the writers of that were on meth, or something.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

I think I posted this already but....Space Dandy. It's basically Johnny Bravo in space.
                      There was at least the occasional JB episode that was amusing. SD... not so much.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        There was at least the occasional JB episode that was amusing. SD... not so much.
                        There have been four I actually liked. Most are just nuts but a few are actually thought provoking.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Nah, Space Dandy's episodes are coherent enough, you're thinking of Bobobo-bobo-bobobo. Seriously, I swear the writers of that were on meth, or something.
                          I assure you, I've never thought of Bo.... ever.

Dandy does (barely) manage coherent episodes - but there is no real plot line, unlike Bebop.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I assure you, I've never thought of Bo.... ever.

Dandy does (barely) manage coherent episodes - but there is no real plot line, unlike Bebop.
                            It's mainly like Bebop because they're a group of bounty hunters that travel the galaxy. Not because of the non-plot.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

It's mainly like Bebop because they're a group of bounty hunters that travel the galaxy. Not because of the non-plot.

Eh, I see your point but they technically aren't bounty hunters - more like African explorers bringing back specimens...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Chrawn, no reading until you've read the latest Naruto.

I LOVE it!!! That's more like it!

And yeah, it's probably a foreshadow - what isn't in Naruto?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X