Thread: How do members of the Trinity communicate with each other?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

How do members of the Trinity communicate with each other?

Thanks.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Telepathy? (j/k) I don't think the Bible really discusses the "how" much other than when Jesus, in his incarnation, prayed to the father. I would imagine that whatever form of communication goes on between the Trinity, as spirit persons, it doesn't require vocalization, and is instantaneous. I don't know if we can do much more than speculate on the actual mechanism of communication without anthropomorphizing the Trinity.

Why? Run into another Muslim who made an issue of it?

3. Amen Obsidian amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Shared omniscience.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

5. Amen Sparko, Jedidiah, Thoughtful Monk amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Telepathy? (j/k) I don't think the Bible really discusses the "how" much other than when Jesus, in his incarnation, prayed to the father. I would imagine that whatever form of communication goes on between the Trinity, as spirit persons, it doesn't require vocalization, and is instantaneous. I don't know if we can do much more than speculate on the actual mechanism of communication without anthropomorphizing the Trinity.

Why? Run into another Muslim who made an issue of it?
    I attend a small Bible discussion group at my church. It will start up again in the fall. We have been asked what we want to study next.

I want to suggest a book on the Trinity.

I have "The Forgotten Trinity" by James White and have read "Why We Should Believe in the Trinity" by Robert Bowman, Jr.

We know the members of the Trinity indwell each other. We know the Father sends the Son and He comes. We know the Father sends the Holy Spirit, as can the Son.

I have never found a book on the Trinity that explains how the members of the Trinity communicate with each other -- maybe there isn't one -- maybe God hasn't revealed the "how."

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by C3
    We know the members of the Trinity indwell each other.
    Umm, the members of the Trinity are One. I don't think the term "indwell" applies here.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

8. Amen Jedidiah, Thoughtful Monk amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    Shared omniscience.
    OK, omniscience is the state of knowing everything.

Jesus said: "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him." Matthew 11

Pretty incredible thing for a mere man to say, but not for the second person of the Trinity.

But,

Jesus also said: "I and the Father are one" -- in nature.

So omniscience works.

I can make a human analogy, but it breaks down...

Let's say a man and a woman have known each other since childhood, they've been married for 50 years or so, they have communicated so they know each other to the point that they can complete each other's sentences. It is a knowing that they have revealed to each other.

It breaks down when one of them says or does something the other would not possibly believe they would say or do. :)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Umm, the members of the Trinity are One. I don't think the term "indwell" applies here.
    Just a statement of fact.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I would basically say that the Holy Spirit indwells Jesus, but not vice versa.

Jeramiah 1:4-9
    Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. . . . Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

Matthew 3:16
    And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him[.]

Revelation 5:6
    And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Faith
    Ultramontane Papist XPian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post

Thanks.
    By Being Themself :)