Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is CNN bullying a Reddit user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is CNN bullying a Reddit user?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politi...eet/index.html

Note: There is some censored bad language in this CNN story.

The story itself isn't important to me. CNN found the identity of a Reddit user. This is what bothers me:

CNN is not publishing (the screenname is vulgar)'s name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.
    CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.
    The bolded is what bothers me here. It's especially a conflict of interest because the guy was being critical of CNN. Yes, people shouldn't be trolling, but this looks bad for CNN. It almost seems like blackmail.
    Last edited by KingsGambit; 07-04-2017, 09:02 PM.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

they just made all their employees fair target for violence. Idiots. At this point I'm not sure what they can even do to recover except shut the entire company down.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

The story itself isn't important to me. CNN found the identity of a Reddit user. This is what bothers me:

The bolded is what bothers me here. It's especially a conflict of interest because the guy was being critical of CNN. Yes, people shouldn't be trolling, but this looks bad for CNN. It almost seems like blackmail.
      It is blackmail.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

no almost about it Kings Gambit it is blackmail.

Comment

Incredibly enough, CNN is now claiming they didn't threaten the guy and that the guy they clearly threatened with destroying his life and possibly murder agrees he is not being threatened:

kaczynsky.jpg

AHPjAKq.jpg

edit: looks like /pol/ just declared war on CNN. this should be good
          Last edited by Darth Executor; 07-04-2017, 11:42 PM.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

I heard about this on both MSNBC and CNN today. Its a field reporter who's doing it, Take a deep breath pause and don't jump all over me please when I say this: Rachel Maddow Criticized CNN for this today as did Wolf Blitzer, Anderson Cooper and Greta Van Sustern. They jumped all over the field reporter for it. I suspect whomever it is won't be employed much longer as they are breaking their contract. (Yes I started following different news reporters, Including some on fox even though many think Hannity is a Rhino. ) I figured the best way to get some truth off the TV and the internet and the local was to start searching for everything available. and ignoring things to far one way or the other.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

As far as the CNN joke, I used to be a pretty big fan of WWE, Trump has been on their a few times acting like a jerk but he's close friend's with Vince McMahon. I took it as the Joke it was meant to be (a photo Shop of Trump's "fake news" to everything) but clearly some snowflakes haven't learned to grow a back bone yet. It was good for a laugh, and should have been good for a laugh for everyone.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                They jumped all over the field reporter for it. I suspect whomever it is won't be employed much longer as they are breaking their contract.
                Jack Posobiec claims to have a source on the inside in Kfile and the source is saying that kfile didn't want to blackmail the kid and it was the higher-ups who demanded his real name and did this. Obv take with a grain of salt, and it's bizarre to me that the producers would be this dumb. If it's true then it'll be hard for them to touch Kaczynsky without him spilling the beans. Even if he signed an NDA, if this story would otherwise ruin his career he could take a chance on it and spill the beans anyway.

Comment

Amazing how the far-right operates.

Trump intimates a former attorney general after she alerts him to Michael Flynn's background of being a foreign agent, admits he fired an FBI director for his investigating of his campaign on national television, uses the National Inquirer to blackmail newscasters critical of him, and they couldn't care less.

But THIS is blackmail.

Comment

You sure seem to believe every crackpot leftist conspiracy theory you read.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      You sure seem to believe every crackpot leftist conspiracy theory you read.
                      The first two incidents literally happened in public.

Then again, right now in winger world NASA is hiding kidnapped babies on Mars, 9/11 was an inside job, Vince Foster and Seth Rich were murdered by the Clintons, and there's a secret child sex-ring in the baseman of pizza parlour, so I shouldn't expect you to have a grasp of reality when you've likely been frequenting those mediums.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                        The first two incidents literally happened in public.
                        I was referring to the mika facelift scandal. You believe their by far the more absurd version of the story because you are incapable of independent thought. Trump bad, therefore any bad rumor about him is true. Do you also think he had Russian prostitutes pee on Obama's bed? The second incident, even as you describe it, isn't even blackmail. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Trump shutting down a political witch hunt anyway. We already know, beyond any reasonable doubt, that the russian story was bogus from the start.

What IS real is the CNN engaging in blatantly criminal action to shut down free speech. Hopefully Jeff Sessions pursues this case and doesn't give them a free pass to engage in criminal activity just to avoid bad optics. Trump caused himself a lot of grief by not firing Comey on the spot after the inauguration, like he should have done. He needs to be more proactive in destroying his enemies.

Then again, right now in winger world NASA is hiding kidnapped babies on Mars, 9/11 was an inside job, Vince Foster and Seth Rich were murdered by the Clintons, and there's a secret child sex-ring in the baseman of pizza parlour, so I shouldn't expect you to have a grasp of reality when you've likely been frequenting those mediums.
                        lol @ trying to pretend truthers are "right wing", it was a left wing anti-bush conspiracy theory.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...al_9231210.pdf

"The poll also showed high levels of extremism among voters of both parties on some key
                        issues. 42% of Republicans think Barack Obama was not born in the US while 25% of
                        Democrats think George W. Bush had something to do with 9/11. [10% of Republicans think Bush knew about 9/11 in advance]"

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...cks_in_advance

Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure. Republicans reject that view and, by a 7-to-1 margin, say the President did not know in advance about the attacks. Among those not affiliated with either major party, 18% believe the President knew and 57% take the opposite view.

Your entire knowledge of the right seems to come from what your liberal friends told you Alex Jones said. Alex Jones, apparently, encompasses the entire right. I can't even begin to imagine being so willfully ignorant. I get my knowledge of leftists by actually following and reading leftists like Michael Tracey. I don't believe any of those conspiracy theories whereas you really DO believe all of the left's conspiratorial garbage. I do not and never have listened to Alex Jones. You ARE Alex Jones. You simply have no room to look down on me, scrub.

Edit: So, I googled the "martian children" nonsense. Apparently some nutjob called in on Alex Jones and said the government was sending babies to mars to work as slaves. Even Alex Jones didn't buy it:

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...ny-mars/217109

as leftists keep eating up each other's diarrhea, the story now gets thrown up on tweb by malinformed sea of red as something "the right" believes. This is how the leftist propaganda machine operates.
                        Last edited by Darth Executor; 07-05-2017, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          I was referring to the mika facelift scandal. You believe their by far the more absurd version of the story because you are incapable of independent thought. Trump bad, therefore any bad rumor about him is true.
                          I've seen how blatant the man is and I have a tendency to believe just about anybody but him, as he and his administration are pathological liars.

Do you also think he had Russian prostitutes pee on Obama's bed?
                          No, because there is no evidence.
                          The second incident, even as you describe it, isn't even blackmail. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Trump shutting down a political witch hunt anyway. We already know, beyond any reasonable doubt, that the russian story was bogus from the start.
                          Actually, genius, there is a problem with it.

See, though the president has the authority to fire any member in the executive branch without cause, he can't do it to interfere in investigations related to him. Just as in most US states an employer can fire someone 'at-will' and without cause - but not out of retaliation for that employee reporting criminal behavior - the president can not start firing people because they are investigating/reporting potential criminal matters related to him - especially when he admits it. Nixon used these exact same methods and had to resign to prevent impeachment.
                          What IS real is the CNN engaging in blatantly criminal action to shut down free speech. Hopefully Jeff Sessions pursues this case and doesn't give them a free pass to engage in criminal activity just to avoid bad optics. Trump caused himself a lot of grief by not firing Comey on the spot after the inauguration, like he should have done. He needs to be more proactive in destroying his enemies.

And maybe Robert Mueller can pursue an investigation into why Jeff Sessions decided to lie on his FBI clearance form. Then maybe he can pick-up this story of Trump trying to blackmail the two NBC hosts - as Kenn Starr did when he picked-up the Lewinsky story.

Your entire knowledge of the right seems to come from what your liberal friends told you Alex Jones said. Alex Jones, apparently, encompasses the entire right. I can't even begin to imagine being so willfully ignorant. I get my knowledge of leftists by actually following and reading leftists like Michael Tracey. I don't believe any of those conspiracy theories whereas you really DO believe all of the left's conspiratorial garbage. I do not and never have listened to Alex Jones. You ARE Alex Jones. You simply have no room to look down on me, scrub.
                          Dude, you really are too ignorant for a conversation. I base my opinions of the right-wing by reading guys like Jonah Goldberg and Charles Kruathammer - not just the windbags on TV and radio. You really have no idea what I believe, what I read, what's lawful in the US, or really have an idea what you're talking about at all.
                          Last edited by Sea of red; 07-05-2017, 02:47 AM.

Comment

While I enjoy seeing bullying, harassing trolls, who systematically target people go down in flames after a good doxxing of them, this however strikes me as just being a twelve year old prankster. A reporter from the CNN actively doing this is just going to trigger the Barbara Streisand effect, and it will end up being CNN that looks bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              While I enjoy seeing bullying, harassing trolls, who systematically target people go down in flames after a good doxxing of them, this however strikes me as just being a twelve year old prankster. A reporter from the CNN actively doing this is just going to trigger the Barbara Streisand effect, and it will end up being CNN that looks bad.
                              My thoughts exactly, considering the number of people and who condemned the action of the reporter.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment