Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Fragility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Stop deflecting. Explain. You accused me of not understanding. So explain so I can understand. Simple request. eh?
    If you claim to understand, even implicitly, it's definitely your burden.

Though I meant it when I said that I don't believe that white conservatives understand anything outside their own echo chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by Jin-roh View Post
      If you claim to understand, even implicitly, it's definitely your burden.

Though I meant it when I said that I don't believe that white conservatives understand anything outside their own echo chamber.
      You made the accusation. Yet you want to shift the burden to me? You just did the same thing with MM. I guess you are all bluster then.

Just go away if you can't contribute to the discussion and just want to hurl elephant dung.

Comment

This is the problem with conservatism. It can't deal with criticism except by childish, tu quoque responses.... and of course...

Idea of 'white fragility' is spread by side of snowflakes, worse than children. Meltdown of libs here in tweb and all over about Trump is well known, but best they can do is go 'no, you are one who is fragile!!!'.

...reappropriation of terms. #fakenews
        Yep, term has been so very very successfully appropriated by anti-libs, and all you can do now is whine about how your side is losing!!
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

'Conservatives have no reason' libtard Jin-roh doesn't want to make argument for his case.

Libtards project like usual.
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

"I'm right, and if you disagree, that just proves I'm right!"
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Can you please first explain why your evident lack of curiosity and probable intransigency on this subject is my burden?
              You are the one with a grievance, whose burden do you think it is to petition for its redress?

BTW, you don't make a very good SJW. You're supposed to try these emotional con jobs on people who are vulnerable and easily manipulated, not people like me or sparko who just laugh at them.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Can you please first explain why your evident lack of curiosity and probable intransigency on this subject is my burden?
                Many of us think the whole white fragility thing is just foolishness. You disagreed so explain why you disagree. Why else did you enter the discussion?
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

wow..

So guess what? Using White Marble in statues is racist.

Why We Need to Start Seeing the Classical World in Color

The equation of white marble with beauty is not an inherent truth of the universe; it’s a dangerous construct that continues to influence white supremacist ideas today.
                  Most museums and art history textbooks contain a predominantly neon white display of skin tone when it comes to classical statues and sarcophagi. This has an impact on the way we view the antique world. The assemblage of neon whiteness serves to create a false idea of homogeneity — everyone was very white! — across the Mediterranean region. The Romans, in fact, did not define people as “white”; where, then, did this notion of race come from?
                  How can we address the problem of the lily white antiquity that persists in the public imagination? What can classicists learn from the debate over whiteness and ancient sculpture?

https://hyperallergic.com/383776/why...ampaign=fbpage

Comment

Don't these idiots realize that "white people" aren't actually white?

Comment

Romans were mostly Mediterranean weren't they? Olive skinned & hairy shouldered...

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                        Romans were mostly Mediterranean weren't they? Olive skinned & hairy shouldered...
                        Mediterranean is a pretty broad term. Romans are well within a white complexion.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

She is claiming that white marble is "a dangerous construct that continues to influence white supremacist ideas today."

as if the KKK goes around and says "well statues are white so that means white is superior!"

Y'know, the Easter Island statues are white stone too. She should protest to have them torn down.

As I have been saying, this type of liberal actually LOOKS for ways to find racism and victim-hood in things that are completely innocuous. Tacos, hats, peanut butter sandwiches, statues, etc. I am sure they think the White house is racist, and the white lines on the road and parking spaces, and milk.*

* as I was typing that, I decided to do a google search for "racist milk" - and... I kid you not...

Milk new symbol of hate?
                          Samantha Diaz, Staff Writer
                          March 13, 2017
                          White nationalists and neo-nazis using milk as form of racial supremacy.

When you think of milk, what first comes to your mind? If you’re a millennial, you probably think of strong bones, Got Milk? commercials, or maybe eating your favorite cereal while watching cartoons on a Saturday morning.

What about racism? White nationalism? If you’re having trouble finding the connection between these institutions and milk, you’re not alone. You, along with the rest of the nation, have been so accustomed to hearing the benefits of milk that you probably didn’t even realize the subtle racism hidden in our health facts.

It may not surprise you that the United States was founded on racism. That every institution we uphold has racist roots that are sometimes difficult to catch and even harder to fight against. This phenomenon affects our voter ID laws, state testing and, yes, even our federal dietary guidelines. But how can our health guidelines, a system meant to be built upon scientific fact alone, have racist messages? Where there is a deep-rooted tradition to suppress an entire race’s existence, there’s a way.

This is the basis that white supremacist milk chuggers used for their bring-your-own-milk-jug party using Shia LaBeouf’s camera to advance their hateful message. In an effort to prove their masculinity, a dozen middle-aged white men showed up shirtless, shouting about how they need to “secure the future of our diet and the future for milk drinking.” One man proudly displayed his neo-Nazi tattoo while spitting milk into the livestream camera.

http://www.daily49er.com/opinion/201...ymbol-of-hate/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I am sure they think the White house is racist...
                            I remember after Obama was elected, there were jokes from liberals that it should be renamed "The Black House".

Comment

First, a random video of a handful of people proves nothing. It's especially suspicious considering its source.
                              Having spent a reasonable amount of time in Japan, in places ranging from provincial towns to major cities - I find the responses entirely expected.

And what we don't get, is any impression that the detractors have actually listened and understood the issues they're responding to. Because, you're average white conservative can't listen or understand anything outside of their own echo chamber.
                              The people that film producers have to listen to, in the final analysis, are the people who pay for their product.

As for the main character of Ghost in the Shell being Asian ... did the complainants do any research, beyond finding out that the story originated in Japan?

Artwork from the original Kodansha production doesn't support the claim:
                              ghost in the shell.jpg
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

simple solution: Scarlett Johansson just self-identifies as Asian for the purposes of the film.

Comment