Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Fragility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    simple solution: Scarlett Johansson just self-identifies as Asian for the purposes of the film.
    Of course - the overwhelmingly elegant solution
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko
      Milk new symbol of hate?
      I think that's another 4chan rumor campaign. They did the same thing with that ugly Pepe the frog thing, trying to portray it as a symbol of the alt-right. The hillarious thing was that the Alt-Right actually picked it up, and you still see ignorant alt-righters post it on occassion in a meme fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        I think that's another 4chan rumor campaign. They did the same thing with that ugly Pepe the frog thing, trying to portray it as a symbol of the alt-right. The hillarious thing was that the Alt-Right actually picked it up, and you still see ignorant alt-righters post it on occassion in a meme fashion.
        no. that was not a news story I quoted. It was the actual article some SJW wrote. It was right from the source.

Comment

no. that was not a news story I quoted. It was the actual article some SJW wrote. It was right from the source.
          Yeah the SJW seems to have fallen for it, just as many news outlets fell for the 4chan joke about Pepe.

Check here (WARNING: PROFANITY)

Source: aosl

There’s an old meme on 4chan’s /pol/ board based on the premise that only white people are capable of drinking milk. The meme stipulates that drinking milk is a white-only activity and that people of other races, simply cannot drink milk. The fact that this meme exists is not at all surprising, image boards like 4chan are home to some of the most offensive and racially stereotypical jokes. This milk joke exists on the same level as jokes that, for example, suggest that black people don’t have fathers or that Muslims (“kebabs”, as /pol/ would call them”), are all terrorists.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Yeah the SJW seems to have fallen for it, just as many news outlets fell for the 4chan joke about Pepe.

Check here (WARNING: PROFANITY)

Source: aosl

There’s an old meme on 4chan’s /pol/ board based on the premise that only white people are capable of drinking milk. The meme stipulates that drinking milk is a white-only activity and that people of other races, simply cannot drink milk. The fact that this meme exists is not at all surprising, image boards like 4chan are home to some of the most offensive and racially stereotypical jokes. This milk joke exists on the same level as jokes that, for example, suggest that black people don’t have fathers or that Muslims (“kebabs”, as /pol/ would call them”), are all terrorists.

© Copyright Original Source

That article they are talking about is not the same one I was quoting. In fact it mentions the 4chan thing as being blown out of proportion and so on.

And whether some SJW "fell" for some "joke" or not, the writer was dead serious in saying that milk is racist. Whether the reasons he believes this are real or not doesn't matter. The point is that these SJW idiots look for causes to promote, even if they have to come up with completely ridiculous rationalizations. We have seen them claim that Cinco de Mayo is racism, wearing sombreros is racist, eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is racist, eating burritos is racist, having a white actress portray a cartoon character is racist, and milk is racist.

Comment

That article they are talking about is not the same one I was quoting. In fact it mentions the 4chan thing as being blown out of proportion and so on.

And whether some SJW "fell" for some "joke" or not, the writer was dead serious in saying that milk is racist. Whether the reasons he believes this are real or not doesn't matter. The point is that these SJW idiots look for causes to promote, even if they have to come up with completely ridiculous rationalizations. We have seen them claim that Cinco de Mayo is racism, wearing sombreros is racist, eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is racist, eating burritos is racist, having a white actress portray a cartoon character is racist, and milk is racist.
              I agree that certain Mexican stereotypes are certainly dumb, and shouldn't really be celebrated whenever Fox News dresses their reporters up in gear like that, or any other channel. Then there's the question of cultural appropriation, which for me is a huge hornets nest. On one hand I'm caught between the fact that the whole idea of the Enlightment period was to take the best from all places, enrich ourselves and broaden our horizons. And then there's the problem of a group of people who because of historical accident came out on top, stealing the thunder from those who had those things, or like with the Cinco de Mayo stuff perpetuating bad stereotypes.

So I see their point, and eighty percent of the time I agree with feminists. But I agree its way too easy to find a hysterical radical feminists claiming all men are rapists, and that all white people, and only white people are racists, and ought to be destroyed.. etc.

It undermines their positions.

I am not a feminists however much I agree with them on a lot of issues. I disagree with them on abortion, and gender theory, and for those reasons they themselves don't consider me one.

Funny enough in Denmark the LGBT supports the freedom of the Christians and churches to not be forced to do stuff like wed gay people etc. But then again danes love individual expression and freedom of conscience.

I realize I refer to Denmark a lot, and its not to boast (okay maybe a little ), but its really because I have a different vantage point from you guys on a lot.

Also I love my country.

Comment

I agree that certain Mexican stereotypes are certainly dumb, and shouldn't really be celebrated whenever Fox News dresses their reporters up in gear like that, or any other channel. Then there's the question of cultural appropriation, which for me is a huge hornets nest. On one hand I'm caught between the fact that the whole idea of the Enlightment period was to take the best from all places, enrich ourselves and broaden our horizons. And then there's the problem of a group of people who because of historical accident came out on top, stealing the thunder from those who had those things, or like with the Cinco de Mayo stuff perpetuating bad stereotypes.

So I see their point, and eighty percent of the time I agree with feminists. But I agree its way too easy to find a hysterical radical feminists claiming all men are rapists, and that all white people, and only white people are racists, and ought to be destroyed.. etc.

It undermines their positions.

I am not a feminists however much I agree with them on a lot of issues. I disagree with them on abortion, and gender theory, and for those reasons they themselves don't consider me one.

Funny enough in Denmark the LGBT supports the freedom of the Christians and churches to not be forced to do stuff like wed gay people etc. But then again danes love individual expression and freedom of conscience.

I realize I refer to Denmark a lot, and its not to boast (okay maybe a little ), but its really because I have a different vantage point from you guys on a lot.

Also I love my country.
                I am for equality of the races and the sexes. But I think the liberal feminists and sjws don't want equality. they want to blame someone (usually whites and males) so they can feel better about their perceived victimhood. The result is more division instead of equality.

And I seriously think the reason we are seeing more and more ridiculous over-the-top examples of things like racist milk and tacos is because of social media. These are mostly young college age girls who are just feeling their first taste of independence from mom and dad. They want to matter and be important. Especially to their peers (like on facebook, instagram, various blogs). They see their "heros" of the causes getting exposure on the net and social media for having various causes and they want to feel important too. But all of the "good" causes are already taken: global warming, unequal pay, and so on. So in order to feel important they will look for anything they can create a "cause" from. They look at every angle trying to find some way an event or thing can be slighting another group and then they blow it up into their cause. If it get exposure why then, they have made it! They are VIPs and looked up to by their peers.

They compete against each other for the best new cause.

Comment

I am for equality of the races and the sexes. But I think the liberal feminists and sjws don't want equality. they want to blame someone (usually whites and males) so they can feel better about their perceived victimhood. The result is more division instead of equality.

And I seriously think the reason we are seeing more and more ridiculous over-the-top examples of things like racist milk and tacos is because of social media. These are mostly young college age girls who are just feeling their first taste of independence from mom and dad. They want to matter and be important. Especially to their peers (like on facebook, instagram, various blogs). They see their "heros" of the causes getting exposure on the net and social media for having various causes and they want to feel important too. But all of the "good" causes are already taken: global warming, unequal pay, and so on. So in order to feel important they will look for anything they can create a "cause" from. They look at every angle trying to find some way an event or thing can be slighting another group and then they blow it up into their cause. If it get exposure why then, they have made it! They are VIPs and looked up to by their peers.

They compete against each other for the best new cause.
                  Feminists and "sjws" definitely want equality. The problem is that for a bunch of them, their aim is misguided. I sort of agree with your major point (outside of the focus on women) that there are a bunch of people fighting for social causes that get things wrong. Causes like feminism, racial equality, income equality, etc., require either direct experience or a certain level of empathy* in addition to an academic knowledge of issues to properly tackle them that cannot be expected of all the people necessary to create new policy. It just isn't possible for a large number of people to understand, say, feminism in an academic context, so they instead have to rely on cultural osmosis, which muddles the message. Even people with a proper understanding can still make small mistakes through data errors or cultural filters. However, these people who misunderstand causes in some way that result in them being extremists are needed in order to bring about wider societal change. They're never going to have real power since most of them rely upon taste-makers who are more even-handed, so it's best to ignore them rather than give them a platform through the news or sharing stories and risk coloring people's perception of a general movement in the wrong way.

*Empathy means fighting alongside people, not fighting for people.
                  Last edited by Psychic Missile; 07-21-2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment