Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I Lose - As Usual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Lose - As Usual

I was denied unemployment and I'm being evicted, possibly tomorrow.

The only things I have left that mean anything to me, I'm in danger of losing.

Yes, I know - you all think they're better off without me. It hurts just the same.

I can't do anything right. Nothing I do works - no matter how hard I try or work.

My faith is still in Him. But He didn't promise there wouldn't be sorrow.

Just that He'd be there.

It hurts.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

How can they deny you unemployment??
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Easy - the employer said I was late - I wasn't - but they call it misconduct and deny me.

I needed that money - but now I'll have to fight for it.

Assuming I find a place to live.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Someone needs a hug.
        Hug.
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
              Someone needs a hug.
              Hug.
              In cases like this one won't suffice

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Easy - the employer said I was late - I wasn't - but they call it misconduct and deny me.

Call your ombudsman and file a complaint.

It's your word against theirs.

Comment

And call your local SPCA and animal shelters.

They'll help you find a place you can foster your pets until you have residence again - it happens to people all over.

Comment

Denying a person fair wages is one of the sins that cry out to Heaven for vengeance according to the Bible. You can have full confidence that God is offended on your behalf.

"Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts." James 5:4

Why God is allow you to pass through this, isn't something I can say. You have definitely have my prayers Teal.

Comment

Teal, you really need to find some way to get out of there and move someplace else. That place is toxic to you.

Comment

Defintely.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Take it to the NLB, they will assign someone to your case to make a determination as to whether the firing was justified or not and possibly approve you for unemployment. I have a friend who recently went through the same thing, she was fired for losing her temper with another employee. She took it to NLB and was approved for unemployment. As SoR said, it is your word against your employers, and if they don't show for the hearing, which they oft times do not, then you will usually win. You will probably win anyway if you were fired simply for being late once. Where I used to work they would first give an employee an oral warning, then a written warning, and only on the third occassion a suspension, or firing, usually just a 3 day suspension, unless they didn't like you, then they would use that to opportunity to get rid of you. But who isn't guilty of being late on occassion? If that is the only incident, you should win the case and be approved for unemployment at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Take it to the NLB, they will assign someone to your case to make a determination as to whether the firing was justified or not and possibly approve you for unemployment. I have a friend who recently went through the same thing, she was fired for losing her temper with another employee. She took it to NLB and was approved for unemployment. As SoR said, it is your word against your employers, and if they don't show for the hearing, which they oft times do not, then you will usually win. You will probably win anyway if you were fired simply for being late once. Where I used to work they would first give an employee an oral warning, then a written warning, and only on the third occassion a suspension, or firing, usually just a 3 day suspension, unless they didn't like you, then they would use that to opportunity to get rid of you. But who isn't guilty of being late on occassion? If that is the only incident, you should win the case and be approved for unemployment at the least.
                              Yeah, lots of times, the employer will initially reject the claim even if it's valid, hoping the claimant just goes away. It doesn't cost them anything to reject, and may save them increases in future unemployment taxes if there's no appeal.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment