Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lose - As Usual

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Denying a person fair wages is one of the sins that cry out to Heaven for vengeance according to the Bible. You can have full confidence that God is offended on your behalf.

"Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts." James 5:4

Why God is allow you to pass through this, isn't something I can say. You have definitely have my prayers Teal.

2. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Teal, you really need to find some way to get out of there and move someplace else. That place is toxic to you.

4. Amen Sea of red, Carrikature amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Defintely.

6. Amen Carrikature, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Easy - the employer said I was late - I wasn't - but they call it misconduct and deny me.

I needed that money - but now I'll have to fight for it.

Assuming I find a place to live.
    Take it to the NLB, they will assign someone to your case to make a determination as to whether the firing was justified or not and possibly approve you for unemployment. I have a friend who recently went through the same thing, she was fired for losing her temper with another employee. She took it to NLB and was approved for unemployment. As SoR said, it is your word against your employers, and if they don't show for the hearing, which they oft times do not, then you will usually win. You will probably win anyway if you were fired simply for being late once. Where I used to work they would first give an employee an oral warning, then a written warning, and only on the third occassion a suspension, or firing, usually just a 3 day suspension, unless they didn't like you, then they would use that to opportunity to get rid of you. But who isn't guilty of being late on occassion? If that is the only incident, you should win the case and be approved for unemployment at the least.

8. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Take it to the NLB, they will assign someone to your case to make a determination as to whether the firing was justified or not and possibly approve you for unemployment. I have a friend who recently went through the same thing, she was fired for losing her temper with another employee. She took it to NLB and was approved for unemployment. As SoR said, it is your word against your employers, and if they don't show for the hearing, which they oft times do not, then you will usually win. You will probably win anyway if you were fired simply for being late once. Where I used to work they would first give an employee an oral warning, then a written warning, and only on the third occassion a suspension, or firing, usually just a 3 day suspension, unless they didn't like you, then they would use that to opportunity to get rid of you. But who isn't guilty of being late on occassion? If that is the only incident, you should win the case and be approved for unemployment at the least.
    Yeah, lots of times, the employer will initially reject the claim even if it's valid, hoping the claimant just goes away. It doesn't cost them anything to reject, and may save them increases in future unemployment taxes if there's no appeal.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I would think being late would not be good grounds for denying unemployment. Usually it gets denied because the employee does something really bad, like stealing or violence.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I would think being late would not be good grounds for denying unemployment. Usually it gets denied because the employee does something really bad, like stealing or violence.
    Yeah, there would really need to be well documented case of repeated offenses. Unless the offense is really horrific, there really needs to be demonstrated progressive discipline, like our dear friend JimL suggested.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, there would really need to be well documented case of repeated offenses. Unless the offense is really horrific, there really needs to be demonstrated progressive discipline, like our dear friend JimL suggested.
    wait. what? JimL was rig- er r-r- corr-- er, not wrong?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    wait. what? JimL was rig- er r-r- corr-- er, not wrong?
    I even amen'd him! On purpose! Without trying to report him and accidentally hitting the amen button.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In lots of places new hires are placed on very strict guidelines about missing a day or being late. The system might have automatically kicked her out if she accrued enough "points" for violations.

I'm always still in trouble again

15. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.