Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I Lose - As Usual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other, really important news, I have until 9 am next Friday to find a place and move.

PRAISE GOD!

Now, pray I find something quickly, please!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Thank you.

I had a phone interview - the examiner I talked to knew full well it was about breaks and lunches.

I mailed the appeal letter today. Then realized I hadn't included some information. So I'll do it again tomorrow - and send this one return receipt.

You might consider an unemployment attorney, it can really help.

How many written warnings were you given, Teal?

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
        You might consider an unemployment attorney, it can really help.

How many written warnings were you given, Teal?
        Three - one was retracted because the probation period had elapsed - The first was from August of 2016 - I had to move and it was a nightmare (found trailer, trailer couldn't be occupied, had to find another house). I called in - my supervisor said everything was fine. Then they changed supervisors on me and suddenly, I was written up. Then the thing in December - they claimed I was still on probation and I protested - that was reversed. Then when I moved again in March. And finally in May because i was late from one lunch and one break.

CGI is structured to fire as many as possible - they hire over two hundred from August to December but only need a handful after April. Case management, my assignment, had been going on the phones whenever we noticed calls waiting - we were pulled off of that because they need the performance to be less than 100%. In reality, we didn't have enough staff to keep up with what's coming but they wanted to keep the performance lower than 100% (it makes it look like we aren't fully staffed when we are). Write ups for 'attendance' are the norm - no matter the reason for the absence or tardiness. One woman had a child sick for a week and still received a 'point' - and they think that they were gracious because it was only one.

I have an open case with Legal Services - they are considering whether or not they will take the case now. If so, they will provide an attorney.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Three - one was retracted because the probation period had elapsed - The first was from August of 2016 - I had to move and it was a nightmare (found trailer, trailer couldn't be occupied, had to find another house). I called in - my supervisor said everything was fine. Then they changed supervisors on me and suddenly, I was written up. Then the thing in December - they claimed I was still on probation and I protested - that was reversed. Then when I moved again in March. And finally in May because i was late from one lunch and one break.

CGI is structured to fire as many as possible - they hire over two hundred from August to December but only need a handful after April. Case management, my assignment, had been going on the phones whenever we noticed calls waiting - we were pulled off of that because they need the performance to be less than 100%. In reality, we didn't have enough staff to keep up with what's coming but they wanted to keep the performance lower than 100% (it makes it look like we aren't fully staffed when we are). Write ups for 'attendance' are the norm - no matter the reason for the absence or tardiness. One woman had a child sick for a week and still received a 'point' - and they think that they were gracious because it was only one.

I have an open case with Legal Services - they are considering whether or not they will take the case now. If so, they will provide an attorney.
          So really only two are official, they admitted they were wrong in one case?

Comment

So really only two are official, they admitted they were wrong in one case?
            HR made them back down - from written to verbal in the one case. There was another, but it didn't have to do with attendance.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

HR made them back down - from written to verbal in the one case. There was another, but it didn't have to do with attendance.
              There was another warning retracted?

Comment

There was another warning retracted?
                No, it wasn't - it simply expired. But it wasn't related to attendance - and it REALLY ticks me off so I don't want to talk about it.

The only one that matters was the one in May that was a final from the one in March. And the fact that I WAS NOT LATE.

No, I wasn't late to work very often - and I always called when I knew I would be late or absent. From December to May, a total of two absences (without prior leave), and maybe three tardies (to work). Because there was a warning in place, points that should have dropped off never did. The second absence was just three days before the 90 days were up - so I hadn't been absent or late for 87 days - but I got a warning for being absent even though I called and it couldn't be avoided.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

No, it wasn't - it simply expired. But it wasn't related to attendance - and it REALLY ticks me off so I don't want to talk about it.

The only one that matters was the one in May that was a final from the one in March. And the fact that I WAS NOT LATE.

No, I wasn't late to work very often - and I always called when I knew I would be late or absent. From December to May, a total of two absences (without prior leave), and maybe three tardies (to work). Because there was a warning in place, points that should have dropped off never did. The second absence was just three days before the 90 days were up - so I hadn't been absent or late for 87 days - but I got a warning for being absent even though I called and it couldn't be avoided.
                  Non-union organization I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Non-union organization I assume?
                    Yep - but being in the state employee union didn't help in 2014, either.

EDIT: Sorry, Jim, that came out argumentative - I've just lost faith in any organization.
                    Last edited by Teallaura; 07-07-2017, 10:43 PM.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

It's your word against theirs as it if you were late.

At this point, you should consult an attorney. The WorkForce wants to side with the employer, you'll make that easier if you talk on your own at this point. An unemployment attorney can help you go around the bureaucracy that is designed to frustrate you, and cause you to incriminate yourself.

Whenever it comes time to talk, remember to say I was ONLY LATE TWICE (which is true), the rest of those are incidents are normal five or ten minute deals that everyone does in the modern world. You don't even really know if you actually were late in some those cases, Teal. Companies that have high turnover rates set employees up like this to have a case when they fire them. They've already had to make a retraction once, which should tell you something.

Comment

It's your word against theirs as it if you were late.

At this point, you should consult an attorney. The WorkForce wants to side with the employer, you'll make that easier if you talk on your own at this point. An unemployment attorney can help you go around the bureaucracy that is designed to frustrate you, and cause you to incriminate yourself.

Whenever it comes time to talk, remember to say I was ONLY LATE TWICE (which is true), the rest of those are incidents are normal five or ten minute deals that everyone does in the modern world. You don't even really know if you actually were late in some those cases, Teal. Companies that have high turnover rates set employees up like this to have a case when they fire them. They've already had to make a retraction once, which should tell you something.

I'm waiting to hear from Legal Services - I don't have money for an attorney so I need a pro bono. I sent the appeal myself to eliminate the risk of missing the deadline - I would much prefer having an attorney.

I have to check - I may have my time sheets from May. They aren't official - but I was keeping careful records. Problem is they were on my work computer and I'm not sure when I last backed them up to my email.

But I think I have at least part of May.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm waiting to hear from Legal Services - I don't have money for an attorney so I need a pro bono. I sent the appeal myself to eliminate the risk of missing the deadline - I would much prefer having an attorney.

I have to check - I may have my time sheets from May. They aren't official - but I was keeping careful records. Problem is they were on my work computer and I'm not sure when I last backed them up to my email.

Even if they're not official they are evidence you were trying to keep a record - kinda like Comey's memo's.

You can also create a time sheet now, providing an account of your work related absences. There is nothing illegal about it, and the state will want to see it. Your word is as good as theirs in the eyes of the law.

Comment

The NLB will look at and mediate your case, they will assign someone to look into it and discuss it with you, you don't need to pay for an attorney. Like SoR said, its your word against theirs, and they are not usually even going to show up. Its not worth their time.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Unemployment: Got message from attorney today but didn't see it until just now. Will call tomorrow. Haven't mailed the second letter yet.

Eviction: He misspoke or Google can't tell Friday from Wednesday. They come Wednesday, not Friday.
                              I suppose I should be grateful to the landlord for waking me up at 8:30 and telling me basically that they were coming. Otherwise I wouldn't have called and found out. However, on 3 hours sleep and dizzy as heck, I am not a nice person. At all.

Disability: Talked to secretary, they have emailed the questionnaires (received) - but I got them in the mail today as well.

BC/BS: Nice lady, they aren't going to pay. I need to call to negotiate with the doctor's office - she did try for me. to their credit, she called me after I'd taken their CS survey. Their plans stink, however.

Health: Knee still hates me. If you haven't already, buy stock in Imodium and OTC supplements. Positional vertigo is back with a vengeance. Spent most of the day in bed, on the phone and getting nowhere. Should have been up and out - but I wasn't safe to drive until late afternoon.

Got the mail, got the laundry done (owww! Stupid knee), began final packing. Yay, me.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                The NLB will look at and mediate your case, they will assign someone to look into it and discuss it with you, you don't need to pay for an attorney. Like SoR said, its your word against theirs, and they are not usually even going to show up. Its not worth their time.
                                The attorney I get, if any, will be through Legal Services so I don't have to pay. What is NLB?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment