Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Oregon approves measure requiring insurers to cover abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon approves measure requiring insurers to cover abortion

Oregon approves measure requiring insurers to cover abortion

Insurance companies in Oregon would be required to cover abortions and other reproductive services at no cost to the patient regardless of income, citizenship status or gender identity under a measure approved Wednesday by lawmakers.

Oregon already has some of the most liberal abortion laws in the U.S., leaving out otherwise common requirements for waiting periods or spending limits on taxpayer funds.

The measure, which does offer some religious-based exemptions, comes as the federal government and other states are seeking restrictions on abortion services.

May God have mercy on their souls.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

"regardless of... gender identity"?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nazi Germany has nothing on us. I think if humanity ever regains its sanity, historians will look back at the past several decades as the bloodiest and most barbaric period in human history. So many innocent lives cruelly snuffed out before they ever even saw the light of day.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          "regardless of... gender identity"?

I guess you can self-identify as pregnant and get a virtual abortion if you are a man.

Comment

May God have mercy on their souls.
            Yeah, we're all going to to Hell.
            I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

I've had to pay, without my consent, for abortions for at least 2 decades now.

One of the joys of socialized medicine.

It disgusts me.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

What can we do about it? What should be the Christian response?

Comment

I'm really hacked at the Republicans in congress - all too worried about keeping their own butts in office, rather than doing the right things!

I'm wondering if the new health care law (if there ever IS one) can prohibit undue burdens on insurance companies --- like forcing them to reimburse people for murder.

Comment

I'm really hacked at the Republicans in congress - all too worried about keeping their own butts in office, rather than doing the right things!

I'm wondering if the new health care law (if there ever IS one) can prohibit undue burdens on insurance companies --- like forcing them to reimburse people for murder.
                    I wouldn't count on it. I'm not terribly impressed with their ability to accomplish anything at the moment. Trump seems to get bored and move on, which doesn't help.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

FWIW, Oregon seems to have a generally weird approach to medical care. I *think* the core principle (assuming I'm right about what it is) works, but it has some silly applications.
                      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                        FWIW, Oregon seems to have a generally weird approach to medical care. I *think* the core principle (assuming I'm right about what it is) works, but it has some silly applications.
                        Have you noticed they've been blitz-billing in the past month or so?
                        I am Punkinhead.

Comment

I wouldn't count on it. I'm not terribly impressed with their ability to accomplish anything at the moment. Trump seems to get bored and move on, which doesn't help.
                          I don't think Trump gets bored. He just has limited patience for obstructionist. He's not going to waste his time trying to push something past a recalcitrant Congress when he could be accomplishing something else.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                            Have you noticed they've been blitz-billing in the past month or so?
                            It does seem like that, but I haven't been here long enough to know what's normal. A lot of it strikes me as "inb4 republicans" stuff.
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

It does seem like that, but I haven't been here long enough to know what's normal. A lot of it strikes me as "inb4 republicans" stuff.
                              Hehe, more or less. John Adams did an executive order marathon the night before Thomas Jefferson took over. Ahh, the joys of watching people doing the same stuff over and over and expecting a different outcome.
                              I am Punkinhead.

Comment