Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chainsaw vs Basebat bat

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Baseball is a thinking man's game. No wonder most of you don't like it.
    I love baseball. Am watching it right now, and have a gamecast going on my phone for another game.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I love baseball. Am watching it right now, and have a gamecast going on my phone for another game.
    Of course you are, my brainy friend.
    The last Christian left at tweb

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Baseball is the only game I can enjoy watching.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Baseball is mostly about hand-eye coordination. And the "perfect" game is where no one actually manages to hit the ball.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Baseball is mostly about hand-eye coordination. And the "perfect" game is where no one actually manages to hit the ball.
    Love it!!

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Baseball is the only ball sport I enjoy going to games to watch. And the only ball sport I ever enjoyed playing as a kid. It's fun, simple to play and understand and you can just sit back and have a good time watching it without having to give it all of your attention. Grab a hot dog and a beer and enjoy time with friends while watching the game.

7. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Baseball is the only ball sport I enjoy going to games to watch. And the only ball sport I ever enjoyed playing as a kid. It's fun, simple to play and understand and you can just sit back and have a good time watching it without having to give it all of your attention. Grab a hot dog and a beer and enjoy time with friends while watching the game.
    Exactly. And do the wave! And get a bag of peanuts from the peanut vendor!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, baseball is okay to watch live with friends. The game is a nice background activity that happens to grab your attention every once in a while.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Yeah, baseball is okay to watch live with friends. The game is a nice background activity that happens to grab your attention every once in a while.
    That's what makes it great. You can watch it attentively and enjoy it, or just as a background activity and still enjoy it. Unlike something like basketball where if you blink you miss something important and have to give all of your attention to the game at the expense of enjoyment with friends. It is why baseball is called a pastime.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's what makes it great. You can watch it attentively and enjoy it, or just as a background activity and still enjoy it. Unlike something like basketball where if you blink you miss something important and have to give all of your attention to the game at the expense of enjoyment with friends. It is why baseball is called a pastime.
    That's why basketball is actually exciting to watch.