Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I feel congested spiritually.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel congested spiritually.

I honestly want to go to church again. I do enjoy reading the Bible. It is so stifling with my family and temptation comes like a tempestuous wind. I feel lethargic. I could use help from my brothers and sisters.
    sigpic

You need the fellowship of the saints, my friend. A good Bible preaching Church where you can be part of the family. You need a Church family. As much as we can love you and encourage you "over the internet", it just doesn't take the place of a local body of believers.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      You need the fellowship of the saints, my friend. A good Bible preaching Church where you can be part of the family. You need a Church family. As much as we can love you and encourage you "over the internet", it just doesn't take the place of a local body of believers.
      I couldn't agree more.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        I honestly want to go to church again. I do enjoy reading the Bible. It is so stifling with my family and temptation comes like a tempestuous wind. I feel lethargic. I could use help from my brothers and sisters.
        If I may offer some advice: If you do not already own one, purchase a readable bible in single-column format. Aim to read it almost everyday, verse-by-verse starting with Genesis all the way through revelation. Keep at it and you will be blessed. Combine this activity with prayer.

Also, make effort to find some form of bible-based fellowship and attend regularly. Be aware of dark forces at work that will attempt to make your living situation that much more difficult by enticing you to yield to temptation, thereby quenching the Spirit's fire. Keep a positive frame of mind and don't beat yourself up for previous failures. Be optimistic about your future and walk each day in the light and strength of the Lord. Be grateful and delight in the joy of your salvation.

Practice love and peace as far as it depends on you.

Comment

Not saying this is your case at all - but when I feel congested spiritually, it's because of some unconfessed sin in my life. At some point, I just have to open-mindedly say, "Okay, God, what is it I"m missing? Show me where I'm falling short." Something invariably comes to mind, I wrestle with it a bit, confess it, and the congestion goes away.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Not saying this is your case at all - but when I feel congested spiritually, it's because of some unconfessed sin in my life. At some point, I just have to open-mindedly say, "Okay, God, what is it I"m missing? Show me where I'm falling short." Something invariably comes to mind, I wrestle with it a bit, confess it, and the congestion goes away.
            I can't think of anything I haven't confessed recently, but it would not hurt. I must admit part of why I want to go to church is to meet others in the faith and better know my purpose.
            sigpic

Comment

Pardon me for asking this but, how is it you are not going to church?
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                Pardon me for asking this but, how is it you are not going to church?
                I don't have a license. I live with my family. I don't have my own place to live. Granted I did go with my grandparents. My family is also fully aware that I plan on going to church. My mom even asked which ones in town I was interested in.
                sigpic

Comment

I honestly at times just don't know what to do.
                  sigpic

Comment

I honestly do appreciate it that you would help out like this.
                    sigpic

Comment

Do you have access to a bus or other public transit that you could take?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        Do you have access to a bus or other public transit that you could take?

No.
                        sigpic

Comment

No.
                          Too bad, darlin'.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I mean it isn't all bad. I introduced my grandparents to apologetics, met you guys, and have grown as both a person and a Christian. Still I do want to be baptized and meet others my age.
                            sigpic

Comment

I mean it isn't all bad. I introduced my grandparents to apologetics, met you guys, and have grown as both a person and a Christian. Still I do want to be baptized and meet others my age.

You're right, those are great things. It's just too bad that you're unable to get to a fellowship.

Have you asked your family if they would drive you to church?

Comment