Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I feel congested spiritually.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So....there's not a church within walking or bicycle riding distance? I live in a smaller size city but, there are at least 5 within easy walking distance. (less than 1 mile, some much less than that) Which I used to do easily when I was your age. That would probably take 5 - 7 min's by bike. Probably 15 - 20 min's walking. I drive that long to get to church.

ETA: Call ones you are interested in attending and see if they have a bus or van service. Many Churches still will come pick you up in the Church van or bus.
    Last edited by Littlejoe; 07-10-2017, 11:51 AM.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      So....there's not a church within walking or bicycle riding distance? I live in a smaller size city but, there are at least 5 within easy walking distance. (less than 1 mile, some much less than that) Which I used to do easily when I was your age. That would probably take 5 - 7 min's by bike. Probably 15 - 20 min's walking. I drive that long to get to church.
      Yeah, really depends on location. There are 6 churches from 1 to 1.5 miles away from me, three of which are beside each other. That's only because my development abuts the nearest town, though.
      ETA: Call ones you are interested in attending and see if they have a bus or van service. Many Churches still will come pick you up in the Church van or bus.
      Anecdotally, I've seen this mostly done by fundamentalist churches - but that would be better than nothing.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I would get you picked up if you lived near me!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I would get you picked up if you lived near me!
          Interesting where in Texas do you live?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            Interesting where in Texas do you live?
            Somewhere between Austin and Houston.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Yeah, really depends on location. There are 6 churches from 1 to 1.5 miles away from me, three of which are beside each other. That's only because my development abuts the nearest town, though.

Anecdotally, I've seen this mostly done by fundamentalist churches - but that would be better than nothing.
              Our church has a van that we will go get people with. We don't have an active "ministry" to pick up a lot of people, but we will try to get you there if you ask.

Around here, most churches still run a van or bus...esp. the larger ones. Does Southern Baptist fall within fundamentalist? Methodist? I know our Orthodox and RC churches do not have this though.
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Somewhere between Austin and Houston.
                Yeah that won't work I live in the panhandle. Thank you for the offer though
                sigpic

Comment

Our church has a van that we will go get people with. We don't have an active "ministry" to pick up a lot of people, but we will try to get you there if you ask.

Around here, most churches still run a van or bus...esp. the larger ones. Does Southern Baptist fall within fundamentalist? Methodist? I know our Orthodox and RC churches do not have this though.
                  I've never lived in a place where most churches do that. Generally the only ones I've seen are either fundamentalist or Spanish. There are a couple people who get rides to my church.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I bet if TW called a church office and asked if there was anyone that could give him a ride, there would be someone who would.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      I bet if TW called a church office and asked if there was anyone that could give him a ride, there would be someone who would.
                      Probably.

sigpic

Comment

My grandparents said they could give me rides sometimes.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                          My grandparents said they could give me rides sometimes.
                          So, be especially grateful, and show it by acts of kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            I've never lived in a place where most churches do that. Generally the only ones I've seen are either fundamentalist or Spanish. There are a couple people who get rides to my church.
                            maybe it is more of a southern thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              maybe it is more of a southern thing.

We used to do it all the time. Not just when I was a kid and my parents did it, but we've done it as adults, and the churches we attended, both Baptist and Nazarene, were always willing to send people to pick up those who had no other way to get to church.

We aren't considered southern in any sense of the word.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I know of some churches in Anchorage who have formal bus systems. I have over the years picked up people who could not get to church on their own. I know I am not the only one by a long shot.

TW, when you do get to church ask the pastor about it. There are plenty of Christians around who would be glad to be of help.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment