Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Luke 1:43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    well if "Lord" in verse 43 wasn't indirectly referring to God, then who was "Lord" referring to in verse 45?

43 Why should this happen to me, to have the mother of my Lord visit me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb jumped for joy. 45 How blessed is this woman who believed that what the Lord told her would be fulfilled!”
    For the question about verse 45, see verse 28. She was "told" by the words of the angel. The Lord in verse 43 = Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
      For the question about verse 45, see verse 28. She was "told" by the words of the angel. The Lord in verse 43 = Jesus.
      As an interpretation. Your Catholic interpretation. I understand the Lord in v.28 to refer to the LORD (YHWH). And the Lord in v.43 to refer to the Son of David, David's Lord (Luke 20:41-44). V.28 to the first LORD in Psalm 110:1 and v.43 to the second Lord in Psalm 110:1.

"The LORD [YHWH, God] said unto my Lord [the Son of David, the Christ, the man], Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. . . ." -- Psalm 110:1.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X