Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.07.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.07.12

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    A Psalm for the battle weary warrior, like you...
    Shalom!

“As for me, since I am poor and needy, let the Lord keep me in his thoughts. You are my helper and my savior. O my God, do not delay.” (Psalm 40:17, NLT)

I am a warrior! I am not a big warrior but I have a BIG GOD, Jehovah-Nissi is His name not only backing me up but also leading the Charge against not just one Goliath but all my Goliath’s. There are times (like right now) when I want to stop fighting, I don’t want to surrender and give up, all I want to do is spend some quality time where I don’t need to struggle to breathe, where I look at life/Living from a more peaceful setting.

Thousands of years ago on a real battle field David went against his Goliath and walked away a free man. As he stood before Goliath unseen by anyone else stood alone figure, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit encouraging young David. And then as David discharged his weapon They guided its trajectory where it needed to go. And David walked away a free man never to forget the one but three invisible figures.

The story of David and Goliath was a not a onetime event, it is our continuing story. While I am a seeker of peace I am also a battle tired warrior. Yet the real David and Goliath story isn’t the battle between David and Goliath, the real story occurred when David was able to experience the peace of knowing in his heart he did not stand against Goliath alone. David built and lived his life around this…

“The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.” (Psalm 23:1–6, NLT)

The Words and Spirit of the Twenty-Third Psalm are words for battle weary warriors like you and me. It would do so well not only to visit them as often as we need them but visit them when all is quiet on the battle front.

“Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 27:14, New Living Translation
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X