Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Jesus Really Meant (IMO)

Faith
    Universailist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

What Jesus Really Meant (IMO)

Hello Everyone -

I would like to share the (just completed, pdf format, 23 pages) first chapter of my treatise, titled "What Jesus Really Meant" with readers who may be interested in it. Commentary, whether supportive or critical, is welcome as it would help guide my formulation of future chapters - three in all are planned - and will be made available online for free (IOW, this is not a 'money making' ventrue on my part).

Clicking on the link below will bring up a page at sendspace.com with a download button on it. You do not have to create and account and sign in to download the document - open with adobe reader or save to download folder options come up when the download button is clicked.

Moderated By: ke7ejx

No advertising allowed.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

The document has embedded links. Clicking on my name on the title page will take you the home page of my website if you want more information about me.

Caveat to anyone who self-identifies as 'Christian': my take on Jesus and his God-and-world view is quite NON-traditional.
    Last edited by ke7ejx; 07-16-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Faith
    Universailist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    P.S. I just received a 'warning' from one of the admins saying that this is a discussion site and that advertising blogs or published works are not permitted. I just want to say that the chapter I mentioned and invited folks to read has not been 'published' in any normal sense. I am engaged in discussions on several forums regarding the matters addressed therein (as well as other matters pertaining to theology, religion, spiritualiity, spiritual development, in general). This piece is simply a 'bringing together into one place' of a bunch of connected ideas (and opinions, in this case mine) pertaining to such subjects, which I hope folks find worth thinking about and possibly integrating partly or wholly into their world-views. Of course, I would be very much interested in engaging in discussions about them if, as I hope, others here find them worth discussing. My simply initially offering what amounts to an 'essay' as possibly interesting reading material is a function of my not knowing whether or not people will find the ideas and opinions expressed therein meaningfully exciting enough to want to engage in conversationally bouncing around and exploring. As implied in my OP, such converseation would also serve to excite and focus me on developing other (related) ideas further - the ones which are presently just subliminally rambling around in the back of my mind, occasionally surfacing into consciousness, as I continue contemplating the 'river of Life' we are all paddling about in.

Sincerely - David :)
    Last edited by davidsun; 07-15-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You are not allowed to post links of that sort regardless.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    You are not allowed to post links of that sort regardless.
    And yet the admins have not removed it, despite the "warning."
    Semipelagiageislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

5. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Probably because different moderators are responsible for different parts of the board, and they attempt not to step on each other's toes. So they may offer a general warning, but wait for the mod responsible for the section to step in to actually edit the post.

Added factors include that mods often discuss infractions with one another even if something occurs in their area, and also mods of a particular area may not be aware of every single infraction because they haven't logged in yet.

It's pretty bureaucratic really, and honestly some things could probably be nipped in the bud quicker than others by just going ahead and taking care of things for mods that are not available, but it's an attempt to make sure that everything is done as carefully and as fair as possible. The forum that this forum spawned from was/is notorious for mods that were ruthless in their behavior, and quickness in giving infractions and banning people. This forum was set up to get away from that sort of system of rule.

And, well, it's all volunteer work after all, so they're doing the best they can.

7. Amen Jedidiah, Cerebrum123, mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh dear it's one of THOSE treatises.
    και εκζητησατε με και ευρησετε με οτι ζητησετε με εν ολη καρδία υμων

9. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    High Priestess of the Pot Stirrers ke7ejx's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Now it has.
    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Faith
    Universailist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Discussion in relation to any aspect of what follows is invited and very welcome:

From his saying “This is my body” when breaking bread and “This is my blood” when pouring wine at what has since been referenced as The Last Supper with his disciples (see Matthew 26), it is clear that Jesus rationally grasped as well as mystically (that is, transpersonally) identified with the Oneness of Creation. If what he meant to communicate by way of such sayings had been truly apprehended, such utterances may indeed have been**foundational in establishing an ecologically sane, holistically Life-augmentative civilization.

That was not to be the case, however. Because the beliefs of most if not all of those around him at the time were hypnotically rooted in projections that God (to wit, the progenitive Source and Sustainer of Life) was a singular, supremely dictatorial ruler who had especially favored mankind by ‘giving’ them ‘dominion’ over all other earthly creatures (see Genesis 1:26-28), analogous to the way kings of old ‘granted’ lords of old the right to govern less powerful folk living in their territories (as long as said lords remained loyally subservient in relation to said kings, of course), the people around him simply did not register and so could not even begin to comprehend the implications of the fact that such sayings by Jesus actually referenced the matrixial interconnectedness and interdependency of all being.

About his Sonship:

Making matters worse, as they then also construed his references to being “the Son of God” literally, instead of ‘remembering’ the factuality of above-referenced Oneness of Being as they were directed to (in Luke 22), when would-be followers subsequently gathered together for a ceremonial meal of bread and wine (which observance later became ritualized as The Sacrament of Holy Communion), they just imagined and believed the bread and wine to be miraculously transformed (literally transubstantiated!) into the flesh and blood of Jesus himself* who they idolized and proceeded to worship and pledge allegiance to as the “King of kings and Lord of lords” (I Timothy 6:15‑16) heir of said ‘supreme’ God.

[*Though such belief and practice is generally, presently at least, simply accepted without significant thought, question or discussion as ‘normal’, it generated quite a bit of controversy when the movement now known as ‘Christianity’ was just getting started as a result of its connoting a kind of cannibalism. Presumably, what is called ‘magical thinking’ (nowadays) led members of the movement to suppose that such ingestion would result in their physically ‘absorbing’ Jesus’ spiritual characteristics and thereby attain personal ‘communion’ with him.]

What anyone thinks Jesus really meant when he used such and related phrases and why he or she imagines he chose to speak of God as ‘the Father’ and himself as ‘the Son’ (of said Father) will, of course, depend on his or her personal apprehension and understanding of metaphysical realities and ‘sense’ of what the mind-and-heart sets of the people around Jesus were like at the time. My own conclusions in this regard, which I proffer for consideration and contemplation, are that he used ‘the Father’ to reference the progenitive Source (hence, ‘the Creator’) of all existential being, and ‘the Son’ to reference the totality of said Creator’s Creation (d/b/a Creativity), in other words the Entity of Life as It exists and continues to express Itself in Being.
    Last edited by davidsun; 07-17-2017 at 01:55 AM.

Faith
    Universailist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    P.S. Anyone wishing to receive and relate to the entirety of my above-referenced thesis in one fell swoop is invited contact me via email or PM - assuming my sharing the document or how to gain access to it that way won't violate forum policy.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsun View Post
    P.S. Anyone wishing to receive and relate to the entirety of my above-referenced thesis in one fell swoop is invited contact me via email or PM - assuming my sharing the document or how to gain access to it that way won't violate forum policy.
    When you have enough posts (20-25 IIRC) you can have a signature where you can put a link to your blog.

I'm always still in trouble again