Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Not new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not new

It's probably prudent to note I used to post here some years ago under a different moniker, bring this up because my unorthodox theology appears to be fairly unique...didn't want someone recognizing it and accusing me of trolling. Only difference between now and then is, 1) I'm now retired, and, 2) my worldview/theology has developed quite a bit since then. Looking forward to some fruitful discussion.

Originally posted by Anomaly View Post
    It's probably prudent to note I used to post here some years ago under a different moniker, bring this up because my unorthodox theology appears to be fairly unique...didn't want someone recognizing it and accusing me of trolling. Only difference between now and then is, 1) I'm now retired, and, 2) my worldview/theology has developed quite a bit since then. Looking forward to some fruitful discussion.
    If you are unorthodox then you need to change your Faith tag to reflect that.

And welcome back.

Comment

Welcome back!

Now you'll have us trying to analyze your posts and figure out who you used to be. We get a number of fairly unique points of view here. You're not the guy who thought YHWH is a fire-breathing dragon, are you?
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        If you are unorthodox then you need to change your Faith tag to reflect that.

And welcome back.
        I don't understand. I'm a Christian. Why would I need to change my faith tag, or am I misunderstanding you?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Welcome back!

Now you'll have us trying to analyze your posts and figure out who you used to be. We get a number of fairly unique points of view here. You're not the guy who thought YHWH is a fire-breathing dragon, are you?
          Ha! No, that's not me....this is a new one for me.

Comment

I don't understand. I'm a Christian. Why would I need to change my faith tag, or am I misunderstanding you?
            You said you were unorthodox, and in another thread you are arguing for universalism. For purposes of this site, we make a distinction where you need to set your faith tag to "unorthodox" because we have areas that are strictly for orthodox Christians.

You can also set it to Christian (unorthodox) or Universalist - just about anything than just "Christian" - that is reserved for orthodox Christians.
            Last edited by Sparko; 07-18-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              You said you were unorthodox, and in another thread you are arguing for universalism. For purposes of this site, we make a distinction where you need to set your faith tag to "unorthodox" because we have areas that are strictly for orthodox Christians.

You can also set it to Christian (unorthodox) or Universalist - just about anything than just "Christian" - that is reserved for orthodox Christians.
              Got it.

Comment

Are you willing to share your prior identity? Or not.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I changed my faith to unorthodox Christian hours ago. It is not showing up in thread. Just checked it again few minutes ago and unorthodox is showing in preferences, don't know what's wrong or how to fix it.

Pretty sure I used to post as Bernie. It's been 8-10 years ago I think.

Comment

Your faith tag has the word Christian on the first line, and underneath it says (Unorthodox). So you are ok.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X