Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    How about an a-trib?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I was pre-trib when I got here. I read a book on pre-wrath, and was wholly unimpressed. I looked into Preterism, but just couldn't process today's cesspool with the Millennial Reign of Christ. I see things like God taking His faithful out after sending messengers to get them and preach repentance, but other verses, like Rev 20 1-5 seem to discount mid-trib. Like Sparko, I'm pan-Trib Pre-millennial.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

3. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    How about an a-trib?
    That comes last...I assume you mean amillennial?
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I was pre-trib when I got here. I read a book on pre-wrath, and was wholly unimpressed. I looked into Preterism, but just couldn't process today's cesspool with the Millennial Reign of Christ.
    That's why I'm a-mill rather than post-mill.

I had already rejected pre-trib when I got here, after reading a book promoting pre-trib over mid- and post-trib and coming away wholly unimpressed; I had been raised pre-trib, but never been exposed to other POV before that.
    Last edited by One Bad Pig; 07-20-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejoe View Post
    That comes last...I assume you mean amillennial?
    No, I mean I don't believe in a future 7-year great tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, I mean I don't believe in a future 7-year great tribulation.
    You or OBP can correct me but, I think that is amillenialism. They do not believe in a literal 1000 year reign, and that we are now in the "millennia"...therefore there would not be a future 7 year Tribulation. Most Preterists also do not believe in a future 7 year tribulation...they would say that Israel A.D. 66 - A.D. 73 was the Tribulation.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I was under the impression that Post-trib and pre-wrath were a bit mutually exclusive? As most scholars have the 2nd half of the Trib as the Wrath of God period. How is this different than Mid trib?
    As a post-trib, I have always held the view that the wrath of God would be after the rapture. (I came from the pre-trib viewpoint).

Pre-trib view assumes the wrath of God to be the tribulation. And the promise, "And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come." -- 1 Thessalonians 1:10 and "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, . . ." -- 1 Thessalonians 5:9, as definitive proof texts for the pre-trib rapture view.

In the Book of Revelation, God's wrath is first mentioned at the end of the sixth seal, "For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" -- Revelation 6:17. That wrath is also mentioned at the end of the 7 trumpets 11:18. And again at the end of the 7th bowel being poured out 16:18. And corresponds to events referenced in 19:15 and 14:19. As sets of sequential, yet parallel simultaneous events.

And the signs in the Sun and Moon to precede Christ's appearing in 6:12 is called signs of "before that great and notable day of the Lord come: . . ." -- Acts 2:20. Jesus said this would happen "Immediately after the tribulation of those days . . ." -- Matthew 24:29.

And the trumpet sound at Christ's appearing, Matthew 24:30-31 and 1 Thessalonians 4:16, the Apostle Paul calls the last trumpet, 1 Corinthians 15:52.

So those who believed in Him as He promised, He will raised them in time called last day, John 6:39, 44.

Just a short over view.
    Last edited by 37818; 07-22-2017 at 03:15 PM.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You or OBP can correct me but, I think that is amillenialism. They do not believe in a literal 1000 year reign, and that we are now in the "millennia"...therefore there would not be a future 7 year Tribulation. Most Preterists also do not believe in a future 7 year tribulation...they would say that Israel A.D. 66 - A.D. 73 was the Tribulation.
    The Millennium has been confusing to me for a long time. It's from a book that seems to be almost entirely symbolic, but what is it symbolic of? The Bible speaks of an eternal kingdom with a descendant of David as king, which I understand to be Jesus, but not limited to a thousand years. Revelation 20:2 speaks of binding the dragon/devil/Satan for a thousand years, and I understand the devil to be symbolic of the Roman Empire. The souls of those beheaded come to life, but the rest of the dead aren't resurrected until after a thousand years. But the Western Roman Empire was destroyed more than 1,500 years ago and counting. And then Satan/Rome shall be released? That I don't understand, but I'm not ready to kick out the Millennium altogether. I just don't make sense of it.

As for the seven years, I take that to mean 171 BC to 164 BC, beginning with the murder of Onias III, the high priest. In the midst of the seven years Antiochus IV desecrated the temple, put a stop to the sacrifices. His firm covenant with many, including an infidel high priest was to indoctrinate the Jews into heathen worship,. When it didn't work, he would force them to eat pig and forbid circumcision or Sabbath worship, etc. Until Judas Maccabeus came to the rescue.

The 12 months/1260 days of Revelation I understand to be the Jewish War, from around April AD 67 with the invasion of Gadara to the destruction of the temple and the city and the end of fighting on September 2, AD 70.
    Last edited by Faber; 07-22-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Millennium has been confusing to me for a long time. It's from a book that seems to be almost entirely symbolic, but what is it symbolic of? The Bible speaks of an eternal kingdom with a descendant of David as king, which I understand to be Jesus, but not limited to a thousand years. Revelation 20:2 speaks of binding the dragon/devil/Satan for a thousand years, and I understand the devil to be symbolic of the Roman Empire. The souls of those beheaded come to life, but the rest of the dead aren't resurrected until after a thousand years. But the Western Roman Empire was destroyed more than 1,500 years ago and counting. And then Satan/Rome shall be released? That I don't understand, but I'm not ready to kick out the Millennium altogether. I just don't make sense of it.
    Just commenting. It seems you take the Revelation to be interpreted historically. Your comments (not quoted here) on the tribulation, would required a discussion of how you make the connection between those events you cite with the symbolism you refer to in the book. Which would be a whole topic in and of itself.

The Millennium in the pre-millennium view is taken to be the last 1000 years between the second coming of Christ and the Judgment before the New Heaven and Earth are created. Just that simply. So you might point out the difficulty that you see. The everlasting throng of David would have to be in the New Heaven and Earth. The Revelation is silant on this.
    Last edited by 37818; 07-23-2017 at 03:34 PM.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.