Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick Tract

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    How many of them still worship their tribal gods?
    Most do where I live. Native culture is alive and well. Medicine men, ceremonies, peyote, sweat lodges. It's like Woodstock here.
    The last Christian left at tweb

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Most do where I live. Native culture is alive and well. Medicine men, ceremonies, peyote, sweat lodges. It's like Woodstock here.
    Do they stick to traditional names, or mostly use Christian ones?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Do they stick to traditional names, or mostly use Christian ones?
    English names.

Many have natives names in addition.

They added to their culture the things they liked about Anglo culture.

They like pageants, they host a miss Navajo pageant every year. But they are judged on things like building friction fire and killing and butchering a sheep.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Interesting.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I thought that a gerbil was Trout's spirit animal.
    not any more.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrikature View Post
    I can't decide if these were meant to be real. I've been on the internet too long, I think...
    Jack Chick was very serious. He saw demons and witchcraft everywhere, including in the Catholic church. Even in D&D games.

7. Amen Rushing Jaws, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    English names.

Many have natives names in addition.

They added to their culture the things they liked about Anglo culture.

They like pageants, they host a miss Navajo pageant every year. But they are judged on things like building friction fire and killing and butchering a sheep.
    So do they actually believe and worship in tribal gods, or just like to do the whole Native Culture thing, as a cultural heritage/activity.

A lot of indians on TV are portrayed in a very new agey, spiritual mumbo-jumbo sort of way, but all of the ones I have met personally have been pretty normal westerner type folks, Christian or not. But then I have never been near a reservation.

Faith
    Non-Theist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Jack Chick was very serious. He saw demons and witchcraft everywhere, including in the Catholic church. Even in D&D games.
    I know about the D&D one. It would make less sense to me if I hadn't grown up around people like that. Bobby Boucher's mother is real.
    I'm not here anymore.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrikature View Post
    I know about the D&D one. It would make less sense to me if I hadn't grown up around people like that. Bobby Boucher's mother is real.
    You better be careful talkin' about his mama...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

11. Amen Carrikature amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So do they actually believe and worship in tribal gods, or just like to do the whole Native Culture thing, as a cultural heritage/activity.
    They are very inclusive. When taught about Christ they added him into their traditional beliefs. Not abandoning anything.
    A lot of indians on TV are portrayed in a very new agey, spiritual mumbo-jumbo sort of way, but all of the ones I have met personally have been pretty normal westerner type folks, Christian or not. But then I have never been near a reservation.
    The Indians here are dead serious about their beliefs. I managed a large ag co-op for years and had to hire a medicine man many times. If you found a snake on your property, or an owl, the Navajo clientele refused to trade with us until the proper ceremony was held. The medicine men don't accept white man's money, so you had to figure out a suitable trade for their services.