Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Maxine Waters for PREZ!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxine Waters for PREZ!!!!

This could be a lot of fun....

MAXINE 2020? Waters appearance in NH on Sunday

Is 78-year-old “Auntie” Maxine Waters seriously going to make a run for the White House in 2020?

Speculation is increasing as it’s revealed the California congresswoman and darling of Trump haters nationwide will be making an appearance in the early presidential primary state of New Hampshire on Sunday.

“According to an invitation, obtained by WMUR from Democratic sources, Waters will be in the state on July 23 for the picnic to be held at the Miller Farm in New Durham,” WMUR reports, where she will hobnob with the Strafford County Democratic Committee.

President Trump has been a favorite punching bag for Waters, who seems to spin a new conspiracy theory about his administration and aides every few days.

Waters has been intentionally antagonistic towards the president’s supporters, as well.

During a screed on the House floor in March, Waters played the race card and the patriotism card against supporters of the president.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The odds that she'll win the nomination are pretty low, AFAICT.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I think anybody who is announcing a possible run now is almost certainly doing it for the publicity rather than out of a sense that they have a realistic chance of winning either their party's nomination or the general election. But one can dream, can't they? It's like when Howard Dean was announced as the chairman of the Democrat party. Republicans were more excited about it than the Democrats!
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Yeah, pretty much south of zero, I'd think. But it still could be entertaining were she to actually run.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hey DNC, oh PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE run Maxine Waters for President.

Comment

She could run Nancy Pelosi as her running mate!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              She could run Nancy Pelosi as her running mate!!
              Be careful what you wish for. The Democrats really, really wanted Trump to win the nomination.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Be careful what you wish for. The Democrats really, really wanted Trump to win the nomination.
                Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi are no Donald Trump.

Comment

I support this!!

Time for full black to run. Half measures not enough!!!!
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    I support this!!

Time for full black to run. Half measures not enough!!!!
                    She can have my vote!! Can you imagine the entertainment value if Waters is POTUS?

Comment

Of course that is exactly what everyone was saying when Trump first expressed interest in running.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That was why he kept getting such favorable coverage by the MSM up until the moment it looked like he would get it.

Here in Georgia back in the 60s, the Republicans crossed party lines to vote for Lester Maddox to be the Democrat nominee for governor because it was widely believed that he would most likely lose the general election to their nominee given Maddox's controversial and "colorful" personality. During the general election the Republican candidate did get the most votes (a plurality) but because it was a three-way contest he did not get the needed 50% +1 to win sending it to the Democrat dominated state legislature which selected Maddox to be governor.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Trump won because he's tenacious, hard-working, and actually pretty smart (regardless of how liberals try to characterize him, you don't get to be a successful international businessman if you're an idiot). Can you honestly say the same thing about Maxine Waters? That's why I say she's no Donald J. Trump.

Comment

If there is a God she will!
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment