Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Six Months of America First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's Six Months of America First

(JimL, Starlight, Sea of Red, Tassman all banned from this thread!!!)

BRINGING ACCOUNTABILITY BACK TO GOVERNMENT: In six months in office, President Trump has followed through on his promise to the American people to bring accountability back to government.

SPURRING JOBS CREATION: President Trump’s impact on the economy has been immediate, spurring job creation across the country.

CUTTING DOWN JOB KILLING REGULATIONS: Just six months in office, President Trump has taken historic action to eliminate wasteful and costly regulations that have stood in the way of hardworking Americans.

OPENING UP AMERICAN ENERGY: In six months, President Trump has turned around America’s policy on energy production after years of opposition.

A FREE AND FAIR TRADE AGENDA: President Trump is putting America First in trade negotiations, pursuing reciprocal agreements with our trading partners so everyone benefits.

RESTORING LAW AND ORDER TO IMMIGRATION: President Trump has prioritized enforcing immigration laws in his first six months to protect all Americans, ensuring that our immigration system treats everyone fairly.

PROVIDING FOR OUR NATION’S VETERANS: President Trump is making sure our veterans get the care they deserve after they have sacrificed for our country.

AMERICA FIRST FOREIGN POLICY AND NATIONAL SECURITY: In the first six months of his Administration, President Trump has put America First in world affairs and national security.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...s_20170720_na1
    Not bad!!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post

Not bad!!
    You should read or listen to Chris Hedges.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      You should read or listen to Chris Hedges.
      Whoops, I forgot about firstfloor
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Whoops, I forgot about firstfloor
        I will teach you:

https://www.quora.com/Could-Donald-T...the-Antichrist

It looks like he qualifies.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Like I keep saying, President Trump's successes go largely unreported by the liberal media. They don't want to let the low-information voter know that all things considered, Trump has done a pretty good job.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

All these are questionable claims, because actual legislation and presidential decrees have not yet impacted the trade issues, such as Chinese steel dumping. It may happen, but at present still waiting . . .

At present immigration has not changed, and his decrees have very limited approval by the courts.

Six months is too short of time to measure economic recovery. As with all presidents the influence of prior administrations are still in effect.

His central goal of Health Insurance reform us a complete disaster. The draconian proposals generously rewarding the wealthy and castrating health insurance for the poor and the middle class is rejected by enough Republicans to end the current proposed options. Yes, the current system needs to be changed, but Republicans have not considered a by partisan effort to reform Health insurance so that there is a broad coverage for all Americans.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

He does tweet a lot. I wonder if that'll be a thing, or if the next presidents will have more sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Like I keep saying, President Trump's successes go largely unreported by the liberal media. They don't want to let the low-information voter know that all things considered, Trump has done a pretty good job.
                He's also on a record-setting pace for filling judicial court vacancies. This is pretty important, given the Left's penchant for transforming the law through judicial fiat.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Not bad!!
                  Where's the fun in banning dissenting voices? That's usually a prog move.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

you forgot to ban me.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Where's the fun in banning dissenting voices? That's usually a prog move.
                      Dissenting voices are fine. People who deliberately derail a thread with ignorance is not.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Dissenting voices are fine. People who deliberately derail a thread with ignorance is not.
                        If ignorance is all they've got, why not let them display it?

sigpic

Comment

What's a prog? A progressive?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            He's also on a record-setting pace for filling judicial court vacancies. This is pretty important, given the Left's penchant for transforming the law through judicial fiat.
                            That's probably the only good thing I can say about him. Those places were filled with the right people.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              What's a prog? A progressive?
                              Demi's term for one, yes.

sigpic

Comment